Chicken with Chive lemon Sauce is skillet chicken topped with a tasty lemon sauce. It’s a full of flavor meal read in less than 30 minutes.
In my book, you can’t have too many easy and tasty chicken recipes. Chicken breasts are a staple at our house because they cook up quick and delicious for an easy weeknight meal. Served over a bed of pasta, with a vegetable side dish, this chicken dish is a nutritious meal for everyone in the family.
This recipe is non-dairy because it doesn’t call for butter to make the creamy sauce. It’s a combination of broth, lemon juice, zest and cornstarch. If you love butter like I do, you’ll be amazed that a no-butter sauce can taste this delicious.
You can also serve this family style, just pass around the pasta bowl and broccoli and you’ve all the bases covered….meat, pasta and veggies. What could be easier?
Ingredients needed to make Chicken with Lemon Chive Sauce
- Chicken Breasts
Sides for Chicken with Lemon Chive Sauce
If you feel like making a tasty side to go with, these are full off flavor sides that beat out those steamed veggies every time.
- Roasted Vegetables with Garlic and Parmesan
- Oven Roasted Green Beans
- Honey Dill Glazed Carrots
- Copycat Olive Garden Salad
Chicken with Lemon-Chive Sauce
- 2 pounds chicken breast sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 tbsp vegetable Oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 1 tbsp dried chives
- In a large skillet, heat t oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken breast pieces and fry about 4 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Meat should read 165°F on meat thermometer when inserted at thickest part of the breast.
- Remove the cooked chicken breasts from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, bring the chicken broth to a boil, stir in lemon juice, sugar and lemon zest. Bring the mixture back to a boil.
- In another small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water, then stir into the lemon sauce. Stirring continuously, cook until thickened. Adjust sugar and lemon to taste. Add chives and stir.
- Place chicken breasts on a serving plate and spoon sauce over the breasts.
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.