Chicken with Lemon Chive Sauce recipe is a simple recipe featuring chicken browned in a skillet, then topped with a flavorful Lemon-Chive Sauce. You will love it for everyday as an easy family meal to serve up in less than 30 minutes.
Served over a bed of pasta, with a vegetable side dish, this chicken dish is a nutritious meal for everyone in the family.
You can also serve this family style, just pass around the pasta bowl and you have a filling meal for your family!Print
This dish is quick and easy for weeknights and fancy enough to be served to guests. Light Serving suggestion: chicken breasts over a bed of pasta and a side of steamed broccoli.
- 4 chicken breast, split in half lengthwise
- 1–2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, about 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon zest
- 3 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp cold water
- 1 tbsp dried chives (1 tsp fresh)
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the chicken breast pieces and fry about 4 minutes on each side, until done and are golden brown. Meat should read 165 degrees on a meat thermometer when inserted at the thickest part of the breast.
- Remove the cooked chicken breasts from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, bring the chicken broth to a boil, then add the lemon juice, sugar and lemon zest.
- Bring the mixture back to a boil.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water, then stir into the lemon sauce.
- Stirring continuously, cook until thickened. Adjust sugar and lemon to taste.
- Add chives and stir.
- Place chicken breasts on a serving plate and spoon sauce over the breasts.
* While chicken breasts are very cold, slice each breast in half lengthwise to make 2 thin chicken breast pieces. This will allow faster and more even cooking.
- Serving Size: 2 half chicken breasts
Do you love chicken? Is this a recipe you would make for your family? I have shown you how I would serve this delicious chicken, what are suggestions you have?