Monkey Bread is a sweet pull apart bread, baked in a bundt pan and oozing with buttery caramel and nuts. This is what you have been waiting for! A classic Monkey Bread that is so good you will be wishing you made a second pan… Just for yourself.The best part of this brunch favorite is how easy it is to make.
You will need six simple ingredients and about 45 minutes to achieve Monkey Bread greatness!!
2 tubes of Grand size refrigerator biscuits. (I used Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers Honey Butter Biscuits)
1 stick unsalted butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
To start, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12 cup bundt pan with butter or cooking spray. Open the tubes of biscuits and separate, set aside. Place the sugar and cinnamon into a gallon sized plastic bag and blend. Working in batches of 4, drop the biscuits into the bag and shake to coat each biscuit with cinnamon sugar. Place the biscuits standing on their sides and overlapping in the bundt pan. Repeat with remaining biscuits.
No wasting here! Sprinkle any remaining cinnamon sugar on top of the biscuits.
Evenly space the walnuts between and on top of the biscuits.
Melt the butter in a medium bowl. Once completely melted, add the brown sugar and stir until the
brown sugar is incorporated into the butter. Pour over the biscuits to coat.
Place the bundt pan in the oven for 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the edges are crisp. Let sit to cool for 5 minutes.
Invert on a serving platter, and lift off to release the Monkey Bread.
Pull apart the biscuits and serve warm!
Monkey Bread is a favorite for Breakfast, Brunch, Potlucks and just about any other time!
- 2 tubes Grand sized refrigerator biscuits, 8 biscuit size
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat over to 350.
- Grease a 12 cup Bundt pan with butter or cooking spray.
- Open tubes of biscuit dough and separate into 16 pieces. In a gallon size plastic food bag, thoroughly mix the white sugar and cinnamon.
- Working in batches of 4, drop the biscuits into the bag and toss to coat. Place the biscuits standing on the side with overlapping edges into the bundt pan. Repeat with remaining biscuits. Sprinkle any remaining cinnamon sugar over the biscuits in the pan.
- Place the walnuts between and on top of the biscuits in the pan.
- Melt the butter in a medium bowl. When the butter is completely melted, add the brown sugar and stir until the brown sugar and butter are incorporated. Pour over the biscuits to coat.
- Bake on the middle oven shelf for 40 minutes, until golden brown and crisp on the edges.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes before inverting on a serving platter. Keep inverted for 1 minute before lifting off the pan. Allow carmel to drip from the pan. Serve warm!
**Nuts are optional in this recipe.
- Serving Size: 2 pieces each