Blueberry Pecan Banana Bread – super moist and tender bread with brown sugar and yogurt flavor makes this blueberry and pecan stuffed bread the best ever!
Of all the banana recipes I make, this one is a hands-down favorite. The plump blueberries and moist banana flavor get me every time. And the pecans…well, what can I say. The two…okay three… pieces I ate didn’t change my life, but they were absolutely delicious.
How To Make Blueberry Pecan Banana Bread
You’ll love how easy this recipe is to make with standard pantry ingredients. Once the easy wet and dry ingredients are mixed, the blueberries and pecans are stirred in and you’re ready for baking. The loaf will take about an hour in the oven and it’s done when a tester poled in the center of the bread comes out clean.
Bananas that have developed spots sitting on the counter are great to make into banana bread. Toss them into a bowl and smash them down with a fork to get them ready for this recipe.
Did you know that you can freeze bananas that are starting to spot? To freeze them, I peel each banana and bag them individually in plastic freezer bags. They’ll keep for 3 months in the freezer. Just thaw in the fridge no more than 24 hours before using for baking.
Tip: One medium banana measures about 1/2 cup each.
Other Banana Bread Ingredients
- Unsalted Butter – use softened butter for moist bread and incredible flavor. If you only have salted butter, reduce the salt in the recipe to 1/4 tsp.
- Greek Yogurt – I love using yogurt in baked recipes for the moisture and tender crumb. Sour cream can be substituted for the yogurt.
- Brown Sugar – for deep caramel color and a hint of maple flavor, all brown sugar was used for this recipe. It has more moisture than granulated sugar and makes a difference in the texture of the bread.
- Eggs – Eggs give this bread structure, moisture, color and flavor. I used 2 large eggs to make this bread batter.
- Allspice – this is one of my go-to spices for baking. It has a rich, deep flavor that resembles a mixture of cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg, but is really a dried berry from the Pimenta dioica plant.
More Banana Recipes:
- Banana Nut Muffins
- Banana Foster Bread With Rum Sauce
- Banana Bread Cream Cheese Bundt Cake
- Maple Glazed Banana Muffins
How To Freeze Blueberry Pecan Banana Bread
This banana bread freezes nicely, so let me share how I do it:
- Let the bread cool completely on a wire rack. *Letting it cool in the pan will trap moisture and make the bottom of the bread feel wet.
- Wrap the entire loaf, or slices, in foil, then put into a large plastic freezer bag or container. Label and date. Banana bread should keep for about 3 months in the freezer.
- To use: Remove the banana bread from the plastic bag and thaw on the counter or in the refrigerator. Either leave it wrapped in the foil or unwrapped. Both ways work just fine.
Best Blueberry Pecan Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease or spray with non-stick cooking spray a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, with the mixer set on medium, cream the shortening and the sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla, allspice, greek yogurt. and bananas. Beat on low speed to combine.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add to the banana mixture, beating on medium speed for one minute. Scrape down bowl as needed. Fold in blueberries and pecans until well distributed.
- Spread into prepared pan. Bake on center rack of oven for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove from the pan and cool completely on the wire rack.
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!