Bang Bang Buffalo Chicken – Amazingly moist and crunchy chicken bites served with a sweet buffalo chili dipping sauce – the perfect entree or party appetizer.
If you are like me, you do not want to spend your entire food budget on one steak dinner, chicken is cheap so it will have to do! That being said, I am always looking for yummy new recipes for chicken.
Bang Bang Buffalo Chicken was born when I found an unopened bottle of Franks Buffalo Wing Sauce in pantry. Rather than traditional chicken wings (I mean…can you ever get tired of tasty chicken wings? I don’t think so!) I tried something different and used the Buffalo Wing Sauce in a batter for my chicken instead.
I will tell you that this is the most crispy, delicious chicken that I have ever tasted. It took a little bit of time to make, but it was so worth it. Just a note – I used my deep fryer to make these, but you can also fry them in a skillet.
These delicious Bang Bang Buffalo Chicken bites are amazing served with Sweet Buffalo Chili Sauce.
Bang Bang Buffalo Chicken
Click on highlighted ingredients to buy them.
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tbsp buffalo sauce
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs, more if needd
- salt and pepper to taste
Sweet Buffalo Chili Sauce
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Buffalo Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup Sweet Chili Sauce
- Set out a large baking sheet lined with wax paper or parchment.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, hot sauce and sweet chili sauce until smooth. Set aside. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, cornstarch, eggs, buttermilk, and buffalo hot sauce. Blend completely. If batter is too thick, thin with buttermilk.
- Spread out Panko in a shallow dish. Working in batches, coat chicken pieces in batter, roll in Panko, and set on baking sheet until all pieces are coated
- Fill deep fryer with oil according to directions, preheat to 325°F.
- Working in small batches, fry chicken pieces in oil for 5-6 minutes, until cooked thru and golden brown.
- Drain chicken pieces on paper towel lined plate. Transfer to serving plate. Serve hot with dipping sauce.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!