Bang Bang Buffalo Chicken – Amazingly moist and crunchy chicken bites served with a sweet buffalo chili dipping sauce – the perfect entree or party appetizer.
If you are like me, you do not want to spend your entire food budget on one steak dinner, chicken is cheap so it will have to do! That being said, I am always looking for yummy new recipes for chicken.
Bang Bang Buffalo Chicken was born when I found an unopened bottle of Franks Buffalo Wing Sauce in pantry. Rather than traditional chicken wings (I mean…can you ever get tired of tasty chicken wings? I don’t think so!) I tried something different and used the Buffalo Wing Sauce in a batter for my chicken instead.
I will tell you that this is the most crispy, delicious chicken that I have ever tasted. It took a little bit of time to make, but it was so worth it. Just a note – I used my deep fryer to make these, but you can also fry them in a skillet.Print
Extra Crispy Bang Bang Buffalo Chicken are a perfect entree or appetizer and are a tailgate favorite! Serve with Sweet Buffalo Chili Sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons Buffalo hot sauce
- 1–1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups Panko (more if needd)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sweet Buffalo Chili Sauce:
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Buffalo Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup Sweet Chili Sauce
- Set out a large baking sheet lined with wax paper or parchment.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, cornstarch, eggs, buttermilk, and buffalo hot sauce. Blend completely. If batter is too thick, thin with buttermilk.
- Spread out Panko in a shallow dish
- Working in batches, coat chicken pieces in batter, roll in Panko, and set on baking sheet until all pieces are coated
- Fill deep fryer with oil according to directions, preheat to 325 degrees
- Working in small batches, fry chicken pieces in oil for 5-6 minutes, until cooked thru and golden brown
- Drain chicken pieces on paper towel lined plate, and serve hot.
- To make the sauce:
- Blend mayonnaise, Buffalo hot sauce and sweet chili sauce in a small bowl. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
** If frying in a skillet, heat approx 1-1/2 to 2 inches of oil in bottom of pan. Fry in hot oil for 2-3 minutes on each side, until cooked thru and golen brown.
These delicious Bang Bang Buffalo Chicken bites are amazing served with Sweet Buffalo Chili Sauce.
What ideas for spicy chicken do you have? I would love for you to tell me.