Ultimate Beef Nachos are oven crispy tortilla chips drenched in melted cheese, spicy meat and peppers. Perfect for game day, parties and a sheet pan dinner.
One of my favorite times to prepare Nachos is when a big sports game is on. Ultimate Beef Nachos are perfect for entertaining because depending on the size of the crowd, I just pile the Nachos higher.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE ULTIMATE BEEF NACHOS
- Corn Tortilla Chips – Make your own from corn tortillas or use your favorite bagged chips.
- Cheddar Cheese – lots of melting cheese!
- Monterey Jack Cheese – adds more flavor!
- Ground Beef – we used 93% lean so we could avoid draining off any fat.
- Taco Seasoning – 1 packet of seasoning or 2 tablespoons of homemade mix.
- Jalapeno Peppers – sliced thin for heat.
- Poblano Peppers – mild pepper, but adds texture and someheat.
- Green Onions
- Sour Cream – an essential for nachos!
The key to great nachos is starting with great, crispy tortilla chips. If you like homemade chips, then you really should try making your own Homemade Tortilla Chips. While you’re at it, you can make your own Taco Seasoning too. Let me tell ya, once you get away from the store bought mixes, you won’t be going back.
HOW TO MAKE ULTIMATE NACHOS
- First, pile your tortilla chips on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Start layering the toppings…start with chips, then your meat, cheese and peppers. Repeat the layers.
- Then you’ll throw the whole big pan into the oven to heat up the layers of deliciousness. The nachos are done when you have a giant pile of oozing cheese, crispy brown meat and warm crunchy chips.
- Make these loaded nachos colorful and fresh with a sprinkling of fresh vegetables like diced tomatoes, sliced green onions, and a big dollop of sour cream!
More Taco Meat Recipe Ideas
- Mini Taco Cup Appetizers
- Easy Taco Biscuit Casserole
- Slow Cooker Beef Taco Stack
- Easy Taco Pasta Casserole
Ultimate Beef Nachos
- 32 ounces Corn Tortilla Chips 2 (12 – 16-ounce) bags
- 8 ounce shredded Cheddar cheese
- 8 ounce shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning or 1 packet
- 1/4 cup pickled Jalapeno pepper slices
- 1 medium poblano pepper seeded and small chopped
- 2 medium green onions thin sliced
- 1 cup sour cream regular or reduced fat
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- Preheat oven to 350°F.. Line a large. rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cook ground beef with taco seasoning according to package directions.
- Spread a layer of tortilla chips on the baking sheet, sprinkle with 1/3 of the cooked ground beef, 1/3 each of both cheeses, jalapenos and poblano peppers. Repeat layering twice until all toppings and chips have been used.
- Place tray in middle rack of the preheated oven and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Remove from the oven, and while still hot, garnish with tomatoes, green onions and sour cream. Sour cream may be reserved to be served on the side.
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.