Ultimate Loaded Nachos are one of life’s great pleasures. Crunchy warm tortilla chips drenched in melted cheese and spicy beef is considered comfort food in my house. This Mexican inspired dish is easy to prepare in the kitchen, easy on the budget, and perfect for entertaining.
One of my favorite times to prepare Nachos is when a big sports game is on. Ultimate Loaded nachos are perfect for entertaining because depending on the size of the crowd, I just pile the Nachos higher.
The key to great nachos is to start with great tortilla chips. I like to make my own Homemade Tortilla Chips . First, pile them on a parchment lined baking sheet. Start layering the toppings…chips, meat, toppings, and repeat. Then you throw the whole tray into the oven to heat up all of the layers and when done you have a whole pile of steaming cheese, meat and chips. Make it all pretty and even more delicious by garnishing with fresh veggies like tomatoes, onions, peppers, and a big side of sour cream!
Here is the handy printable recipe! Dig in!Print
Ultimate Loaded Nachos – Crunchy warm tortilla chips drenched in melted cheese and spicy beef . Add tomatoes, green onions and fresh pepper for a Mexican inspired dish that is ready in 30 minutes.
- 2 (12-16 oz) bags of Corn Tortilla Chips
- 1 8 oz bag shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 8oz bag shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup pickled Jalapeno pepper slices
- 1 Poblano Pepper, seeded and small chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 green onion stems, thin sliced
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Cook ground beef with taco seasoning according to package directions. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large. rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread a layer of tortilla chips on the baking sheet, sprinkle with 1/3 of the cooked ground beef, 1/3 each of both cheeses, jalapenos and poblano peppers. Repeat layering twice until all toppings and chips have been used.
- Place tray in middle rack of the preheated oven and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and while still hot, garnish with tomatoes, green onions and sour cream. Sour cream may be reserved to be served on the side.
Regular sour cream may be substituted for the reduced-fat variety.