Ultimate Loaded Nachos made with crunchy warm tortilla chips drenched in melted cheese, spicy beef and veggies are great for game day, parties and even dinner.
One of my favorite times to prepare Nachos is when a big sports game is on. Ultimate Loaded nachos are perfect for entertaining because depending on the size of the crowd, I just pile the Nachos higher.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE LOADED NACHOS
- Corn Tortilla Chips
- Cheddar Cheese
- Monterey Jack Cheese
- Ground Beef
- Taco Seasoning
- Jalapeno Peppers
- Poblano Peppers
- Green Onions
- Sour Cream
The key to great nachos is to start with great tortilla chips. If you like homemade chips, then you really should try making your own Homemade Tortilla Chips. While you’re at it, you can make your own Taco Seasoning too. Let me tell ya, once you get away from the store bought mixes, you won’t be going back.
HOW TO MAKE ULTIMATE NACHOS
- First, pile the chips on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Start layering the toppings…chips, meat, toppings, and repeat.
- Then you throw the whole tray into the oven to heat up all of the layers and when done you have a whole pile of steaming cheese, meat and chips.
- Make it all pretty and even more delicious by garnishing with fresh veggies like tomatoes, onions, peppers, and a big side of sour cream!
Ultimate Loaded Nachos
Click highlighted ingredients to buy them!
- 32 ounces Corn Tortilla Chips, 2 (12 – 16-ounce) bags
- 8 ounce shredded Cheddar cheese
- 8 ounce shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning, or 1 packet
- 1/4 cup pickled Jalapeno pepper , slices
- 1 medium poblano pepper, seeded and small chopped
- 2 medium green onions, thin sliced
- 1 cup sour cream, regular or reduced fat
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 350°F.. Line a large. rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cook ground beef with taco seasoning according to package directions.
- Spread a layer of tortilla chips on the baking sheet, sprinkle with 1/3 of the cooked ground beef, 1/3 each of both cheeses, jalapenos and poblano peppers. Repeat layering twice until all toppings and chips have been used.
- Place tray in middle rack of the preheated oven and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Remove from the oven, and while still hot, garnish with tomatoes, green onions and sour cream. Sour cream may be reserved to be served on the side.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.