Slow Cooker Smoked Sausage Potatoes is a cozy crockpot meal that’s always a dinnertime winner! Easy to make, it’s simply comfort food in a bowl.
As the days start to turn chilly, there is nothing better than a hot dish, like this Slow Cooker Smoked Sausage Potatoes to warm you right up. It’s tender potatoes and savory sausage, wrapped up in gooey cheesy deliciousness.
When you’re busy, it’s comforting to have slow cooker recipes that you can just throw into the crock pot and go about your business. In a few hours, just open the lid and serve. If you use a slow cooker liner, there’s not even cleanup involved! How’s that for easy?
How to Make Slow Cooker Smoked Sausage Potatoes
This recipe couldn’t be simpler to make. Just throw all the ingredients into your slow cooker, stir until the sausage and potatoes are coated with sauce, and set. When the potatoes are tender, stir the pot and serve hot.
If the mixture is too thick for your liking, stir in a little milk.
Ingredients to Make Cheesy Slow Cooker Smoked Sausage Potatoes
- Smoked Sausage Rope – we love to use kielbasa for this recipe.
- Diced Potatoes – we used frozen diced potatoes for this recipe – for convenience. Or dice your own.
- Shredded Cheese – mild flavored Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese work well in this meal.
- Cream of Chicken Soup – the workhorse of slow cooker and casserole cooking!
- Milk – to dilute the soup to a rich, thick cream sauce.
- Spices – chives, parsley, cayenne
This recipe is totally versatile, allowing for a lot of flavor variation and veggies add-ins to kick in a some healthy to this meal. I keep my freezer stocked with bags of frozen vegetables for lots of variety. Some of our favorites:
- Corn – add a small bag of frozen corn in during the last hour of cooking for sweetness. Kids love it!
- Carrots – frozen crinkle-cut carrots adds lots of texture, color and are super healthy! Can be added at the beginning with all the other ingredients.
- Green Beans – delicious with the melted cheese and sauce.
- Green Bell Pepper – tasty. earthy flavor to add another flavor element.
- Onions – definitely add onions if you love them. Frozen diced onions are very mild and are tear-free!
- Okra – adds texture and flavor, but won’t overpower the rest of the flavors.
- Peas and Carrots – a frozen veggie staple. Adds color and texture too!
More Easy Slow Cooker Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan
- Slow Cooker Herb Chicken Noodles
- Slow Cooker Garlic Honey Chicken
- Slow Cooker General Tsos Chicken
Slow Cooker Smoked Sausage and Potatoes
- 32 ounces frozen diced potatoes thawed in refrigerator
- 16 ounces smoked kielbasa sliced then halved
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese or cheddar
- 10.5 ounce condensed cream of chicken soup 1 can
- 1 cup milk whole or 2%
- 1 tbsp dried chives
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- chopped fresh parsley and red pepper flakes optional
- Lightly grease a 6 to 8 quart slow cooker. Or use a slow cooker liner.
- Add potatoes, sausage and cheese to the slow cooker insert.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cream of chicken, milk, chives, black pepper and cayenne. Pour over the potato mixture. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on Low 5 to 6 hours, or on High 3 to 4 hours. It's done when the potatoes are tender and heated thru. Stir before serving.
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.