Slow Cooker Herb Chicken Noodles is an easy take on the old-fashioned casserole recipe. With chunks of flavorful chicken and a velvety sauce, this meal will be an instant hit! Bonus…the pasta is cooked right in the slow cooker….no extra pots needed.
I love this dish. Seriously!♥ Only a slow-cooker is needed. That’s it. No extra pot for cooking pasta, yippee! OK, I’m easy to please, but really!
Back in the day, I really did make this as a casserole in the oven…you know, boiling the noodles, pre-cooking chicken, then dumping everything into a big dish and baking it in the oven for little while until bubbly. Delish – but took a lot of effort to make. Then I made a dish called Easy Crock Pot Spaghetti, that calls for the pasta to be cooked right in the slow cooker. Amazing!! In the tiniest of ways, at least regarding pasta cooking, my life changed.
For a little color and variety, add your favorite veggies to the pot when adding the chicken back in to warm. I roll with corn and roasted red peppers, but that’s just me.
MORE FAMILY RECIPES TO LOVE
Slow Cooker Herb Chicken Noodles
Click on highlighted ingredients to buy them.
- 2 pounds chicken breasts , boneless, skinless
- 21 ounces Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup, 2 (10.5- ounce) cans, undiluted
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning, or seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 2 tsps dried minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, sliced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounce dry egg noodles
- salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley for garnish, optional
- Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker and cover with chicken soup. Sprinkle the spices over the soup, and top with slices of butter. Pour 3 cups of chicken broth over all of the ingredients.
- Set the slow cooker to Low for 7 – 8 hours or on High for 3 – 4 hours.
- When the chicken is cooker to 165°F on a meat thermometer), remove chicken from the slow cooker to a plate. When cooled slightly, use two forks to shred the chicken.
- Add egg noodles to the slow cooker and stir to cover with cooking liquid. Add additional chicken broth if needed, 1/4 cup at a time, if there is not enough liquid in the pot to cook the pasta. If on Low setting, turn the slow cooker to high and cook the pasta for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- When pasta is cooked, add the shredded chicken back into the slow cooker and cook until heated thru.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!