Slow Cooker Herb Chicken Noodles is an easy take on an old-fashioned casserole recipe. With chunks of chicken, savory sauce and rich pasta, this meal will be an instant comfort food hit! Bonus- the pasta is cooked right in the slow cooker no extra pots needed!
I love this dish. Seriously! Only a slow-cooker is needed. That’s it. No extra pot for cooking pasta meaning no extra pot to clean. OK, I’m easy to please, but seriously, it’s a game changer.
Back in the day, I really did make a version of slow cooker herb chicken noodles as a casserole in the oven…you know, boiling the noodles, pre-cooking chicken, then dumping everything into a big dish and baking it in the oven for little while until bubbly. It was totally delicious – but took a lot of effort to make. Then I made a dish called Easy Crock Pot Spaghetti, that calls for the pasta to be cooked right in the slow cooker. Amazing! In the tiniest of ways, at least regarding pasta cooking, my life changed.
For a little color and variety, add your favorite veggies to the pot when adding the chicken back in to warm. I roll with corn and roasted red peppers, but that’s just me.
Tip – ditch the space hogging cartons and mix up your own chicken broth whenever you need it with chicken soup base. It tastes so much better than regular broth and just mixes with hot water.
Slow Cooker Herb Chicken Noodles
- 2 pounds chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 21 ounces Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup 2 (10.5- ounce) cans, undiluted
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning or seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 2 tsps dried minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter sliced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounce dry egg noodles
- salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley for garnish optional
- Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker and cover with chicken soup. Sprinkle the spices over the soup, and top with slices of butter. Pour 3 cups of chicken broth over all of the ingredients.
- Set the slow cooker to Low for 7 – 8 hours or on High for 3 – 4 hours.
- When the chicken is cooker to 165°F on a meat thermometer), remove chicken from the slow cooker to a plate. When cooled slightly, use two forks to shred the chicken.
- Add egg noodles to the slow cooker and stir to cover with cooking liquid. Add additional chicken broth if needed, 1/4 cup at a time, if there is not enough liquid in the pot to cook the pasta. If on Low setting, turn the slow cooker to high and cook the pasta for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- When pasta is cooked, add the shredded chicken back into the slow cooker and cook until heated thru.
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.