Easy Slow Cooker Tuscan Chicken are chicken breasts seasoned with peppers and herbs, served on a bed of pasta. Everything cooks together, even the pasta!
For set it and forget it, there is nothing better than a slow-cooker meal. And now that I have (finally) figured out how to cook pasta right in the slow cooker, I am in easy one-pot food heaven. And who wants to stand in the kitchen cooking, when you could be binge watching your favorite shows instead!
This Slow Cooker Tuscan Chicken hits all of the right notes for Italian chicken. There’s tomato and peppers and onions and of course garlic to make this a meal that’s hearty and super flavorful.
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER TUSCAN CHICKEN
This is a recipe you’ll want to pull out on busy weekends to set and forget until dinnertime. I love to start this dish in the slow cooker around noon, then when it’s done use the “Warm” setting until it’s served. Talk about convenient.
- Place the marinara sauce, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and spices into the bottom of the slow cooker. Stir to combine. Then lay the chicken on top of the sauce.
- Cook on Low 4-6 hours until the chicken is done. Then add the pasta and water, and top with frozen vegetables. Cook on High for 1 hour or until the pasta is done. Add more water if the pasta needs to cook longer and the sauce has thickened.
- When the pasta is tender, mound pasta on serving plates and top with chicken, vegetables and sauce for serving.
MORE SLOW COOKER DINNER IDEAS
Easy Slow Cooker Tuscan Chicken
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
- 2-1/2 pounds chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 8 ounce tomato sauce
- 14.5 ounce diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 12 ounce frozen peppers and onions
- 8 ounces dry spaghetti noodles
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- Coat the bottom of a 5 quart slow cooker with cooking spray or use a liner. Add marinara sauce, tomatoes,tomato sauce,spices and sugar. Stir until well mixed. Place chicken breast pieces on top of the sauce mix and cover.
- Cook on High for 2 – 3 hours, or Low for 4 – 6 hours, until the chicken has reached 165°F on a meat thermometer inserted at the thickest part of the breast.
- When the chicken is done, add the uncooked pasta and 1-1/2 cups water to the slow cooker and stir to cover the pasta with the sauce. Pour the frozen peppers and onion mix on top of the chicken and pasta.
- Cook on high for an additional hour or until the pasta is al dente. Check after 30 minutes. Add 1/2 cup more water if the sauce is too thick and needed to complete cooking the pasta.
- Serve by scooping pasta on a plate, topping with chicken and peppers and onion, and sprinkling with grated cheese.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.