Classic chicken fajitas, with a twist, made easy on one sheet pan! An easy and delicious dinnertime favorite of juicy, adobo brushed chicken breasts, fresh bell pepper and onions all wrapped up in a soft flour tortilla. Easy supper and quick cleanup!
This recipe for Sheet Pan Adobo Chicken Fajitas is amazing for when you want a no-fuss dinner recipe full of bold Mexican flavor. At our house, we love easy Mexican-inspired meals like Chipotle Sauce Chicken Enchiladas and Easy Oven Baked Chimichangas. This is one of our Mexican recipes you’ll definitely want in your dinner rotation.
If there’s a favorite at our house, it’s got to be Mexican-style food. I’ll make tacos or fajitas at least once a week and the family isn’t complaining. For these Sheet Pan Adobo Chicken Fajitas, I found the best way is to lay out the toppings like cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, lettuce, jalapeno slices and lime so everyone can build-their-own. There’s no better way to avoid a dinnertime meltdown for finicky eaters!
Cut your veggies into same-sized pieces for even cooking.
Slice thick chicken breasts in half lengthwise before cooking. This gives you a thinner piece that will cook faster. You can buy chicken cutlets where this is already done for you.
Use a large rimmed sheet pan, or two smaller ones so the meat and vegetables are not over-crowded.
While the meat and vegetables are cooking, set out and cut up any toppings so you’re ready to go when the meat comes sizzling out of the oven. Warm the tortillas right before serving.
What is Adobo Sauce?
This delicious, smoky sweet sauce should be in the kitchen of every cook who loves to make Mexican and Tex-Mex dishes. It’s amazing for flavoring meats and adding a little fire to meats for fajitas, burritos and tacos to chilis, soups and rice dishes.It’s mainly known for the sauce that’s poured over chipotle peppers.
It’s a tangy, sweet red sauce made from chili powder, vinegar, sugar and spices. You can easily make your own with our Adobo Sauce recipe, buy it ready made (you may need buy the Adobo Sauce online or visit a Mexican market) or find it in the can with chipotle peppers.
What to serve with Sheet Pan Adobo Chicken Fajitas
- Mexican Chorizo Rice
- Perfect Pico De Gallo
- Instant Pot Black Beans and Rice
- Chop Salad with Buttermilk Herb Dressing
- Zesty Tomatillo and Lime Sauce (Salsa Verde)
Sheet Pan Adobo Chicken Fajitas
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast boneless, skinless variety
- 1/4 cup adobo sauce
- 1 medium red bell pepper stemmed,seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 medium orange bell pepper stemmed, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 medium red onion peeled and sliced into wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 8 flour tortillas soft taco size
- shredded cheese, tomato and sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease large, rimmed sheet pan or line with parchment paper.
- Spread peppers and onions on pan in a single layer. Drizzle over olive oil and toss to coat. Push vegetables to the sides and lay chicken breasts flat in center of pan. Sprinkle garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper evenly over vegetables and chicken. Brush each chicken breast thickly with 1 tablespoon adobo sauce.
- Bake for 20 -25 minutes until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165°F using an instant read thermometer placed in the thickest part of the chicken. Vegetables will be tender and starting to brown.
- Remove pan from oven. Slice chicken into thin strips lengthwise. Pile chicken and vegetables onto tortillas to build fajitas. Add toppings as desired.
- Store leftovers in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.