Oven BBQ Pork Chops are pork chops marinated in a bold mixture of Italian dressing, steak seasoning and worcestershire sauce, then baked with a coating of tangy barbecue sauce.
It’s an easy weeknight dinner that’s sure to become a family favorite recipe.
If you love the flavor of Barbecue but don’t want to or can’t always cook on the grill, you will love this Oven BBQ Pork Chop recipe. I use this same recipe using chicken thighs too, and it is just as tasty.
When I lived down south in North Carolina, a friend showed me how to make this delicious recipe. We were both craving barbecue and it was too cold to grill so we made these instead.
Instead of chops, she used pork blade steaks. They are larger than pork chops. the meat is more tender, and they were amazing! That delicious meat was eaten right to the bone! Sadly, I can’t find blade steaks up here, so I use bone-in pork chops instead.
This site may contain affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links, which helps to keep this content free.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE OVEN BBQ PORK CHOPS
- Pork Chops – I like to use bone-in pork chops for this recipe but boneless are fine too. You may need to adjust the cooking time depending on the thickness of the chops.
- Barbecue Sauce – this recipe was made with a thick, brown sugar barbecue sauce.
- Olive Oil – use whichever liquid oil you prefer.
- Italian Dressing
- Montreal Steak Seasoning – this is a family favorite. Sometimes I’ll use Smokehouse Maple to change it up.
- Worcestershire Sauce
HOW TO MAKE THIS OVEN PORK CHOP RECIPE
This is a super simple recipe that turns out delicious every time.There are just two basic steps to make these pork chips.
- Mix up the marinade, pour it over the chpps and refrigerate for several hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Pour some barbecue sauce into the bottom of your baking dish> Transfer the chops to the dish, pour the remaining sauce over the chops and pop the dish into the oven. Wait 45 -55 minutes and the chops are ready to eat!
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVER BAKED PORK CHOPS
To maximize the shelf life of cooked pork chops, store the chops in an airtight container or tightly wrapped in plastic in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Oven BBQ Pork Chops
Click highlighted ingredients to buy them!
- 2 pounds pork chops, 1/2-inch thick, bone-in
- 18 ounce BBQ sauce, reserve 3 tablespoons for the marinade
- 2 tbsp olive oil, vegetable oil will do
- 1/4 cup Italian Dressing
- 1 tbsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 3 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Mix all the marinade ingredients right in a gallon size ziploc bag. Add the pork chops and toss inside the bag until each chop is covered with the marinade. Refrigerate in plastic bag for 2-4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- Spread 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce in bottom of pan. Layer marinated chops over sauce.
- Discard leftover marinade.
- Pour remaining barbecue sauce over the pork chops.
- Put the pan uncovered in the oven for 55 – 60 minutes.( Baste with juices at halfway point). Meat is done when a thermometer inserted at thickest part of chop reads 145° F.
- Remove from the oven. Let stand for 10 minutes to cool prior to serving.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
Post and images updated 5/9/2019