This Pepperoni Pizza dip recipe is creamy, cheesy, loaded with spicy pepperoni and totally crave worthy! Made with cream cheese, pizza sauce and seasonings, then topped with melted mozzarella and mini pepperoni. Serve your pizza dip with pita chips for the ultimate party snack.
Friday night pizza has been a tradition at our house for more years than I care to admit! It’s evolved over time…I used to pick up a couple of pepperoni pizzas on way home from work, now it’s the last stop after Friday grocery shopping. Everyone’s grown up and busy so some of the time we don’t all get to eat together, but it’s pizza night just the same.
This dip is a play on traditional pepperoni pizza, with all the favorites like melted cheese, pepperoni and parmesan baked right in. We mimic thin and crispy pizza crust by scooping it with pita crackers, but if you’re a deep dish lover, try garlic bread stick dippers!
HOW TO MAKE PIZZA DIP
Let’s talk about making this easy dip. First mix the cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and salt, then spread into a dish. Top with pizza sauce, cheese and pepperoni slices and bake until melted and golden.
After it comes out of the oven, garnish with parsley and more parmesan cheese.
TIPS FOR PEPPERONI PIZZA DIP
- You can make this dip with either sour cream or mayonnaise. I prefer the flavor and texture of sour cream over mayonnaise but either is fine. You can also save some calories (and eat more dip) by using light sour cream and actually, that’s my personal favorite.
- Mini pepperoni slices are the perfect bite size so I recommend them if you can find them. Otherwise, regular slices can be quartered and will work great.
- For the creamiest melted cheese, shred the mozzarella from a block. Bagged shredded mozzarella cheese has additives added to keep it from sticking together (perfectly fine) but…the shreds don’t melt as smoothly as cheese without it. You can decide what’s more important to you.
- Jarred Pizza Sauce is perfect for this easy dip, but you like to make your own sauce, like Homemade Marinara Sauce 10 – Minute Recipe.
- No Italian seasoning on hand? No worries…just hit your spice shelf and mix up equal amounts of basil, oregano, thyme, marjoram and rosemary to make your own.
This pepperoni pizza dip is great for special occasions and party planning. The dip can be fully prepped a day ahead, then refrigerated until you’re ready to bake and serve.
I don’t recommend freezing the prepped dip because cream cheese and sour cream tend to separate when thawed.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH PIZZA DIP
There’s a variety of perfect dippers to go with pizza dip. For us, pita chips have the flavor and texture of thin and crispy pizza crust so they’re a house favorite.
- Tortilla Chips
- Italian Bread Sticks
- Raw Vegetables
MORE PARTY DIP IDEAS
- Chocolate Lovers Fruit Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Dip with Red Peppers
- Easy Spinach Dip
- Easy Pub Style Beer Cheese Dip
- Cherry Cheesecake Yogurt Dip
PEPPERONI PIZZA DIP
Click on highlighted ingredients to buy them.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat oven-safe dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In medium mixing bowl, blend cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and salt. Spread mixture into bottom of prepared dish, smooth the top. Spoon pizza sauce over cream cheese mixture, smoothing out to the edges.
- In small mixing bowl, toss mozzarella and parmesan cheeses until well combined. Sprinkle over the pizza sauce in an even layer. Sauce should be completely covered with cheese. Arrange pepperoni slices on top.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and golden brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle with parsley. Serve hot with pita chips.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!