Greek yogurt, whipped cream, cream cheese and cherry pie filling combine to make this easy and irresistible party dip everyone loves!
If you love cheesecake, you will want to make this cherry cheesecake yogurt dip. What can I say…it’s glorious and tastes just like cheesecake. This is a really good recipe and it’s one of my favorite easy desserts to make for parties and potlucks.
I like to tell myself that it’s healthy too, because of the Greek yogurt. Feel extra virtuous by dipping in with some fruit…go ahead, indulge!
This site may contain affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links, which helps to keep this content free.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE CHERRY CHEESECAKE YOGURT DIP
This recipe is a winner, hands down! It’s a combo of cheesecake and cherries – what’s not to love about that?
- Cream Cheese
- Greek Vanilla Yogurt
- Heavy Cream
- Powdered Sugar
- Cherry Pie Filling
- Lemon Zest
If you are not into heavy cream and want to swap in cool whip, that will totally work! It saves time and has less calories, so I get it. I use cool whip to make Strawberry Cheesecake Fluff and I thinks it’s delicious. To substitute for the whipping cream, you’ll need about 3 cups of cool whip.
HOW TO MAKE CHERRY CHEESECAKE DIP
With only 6 ingredients, this dip is super simple to make. Here are the easy steps:
- In a medium bowl, whip the cream until soft peaks form. Add 1/4 cup of the powdered sugar and keep whipping until the whipped cream makes peaks that keep standing, this is the hard peak stage. Mountains of whipped cream? Sounds good to me!
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until it’s fluffy. Add the rest of the powdered sugar and yogurt, then keep whipping it until it’s smooth. Stir in the lemon zest.
Now, for the really hard part….you ready?
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until combined. Spread this creamy goodness onto a pie plate or rimmed dish. The “hard part” is not grabbing a spoon and shoveling this pure goodness into your mouth.
- Pour on the cherry filling, spread it out to the edges and you are done! This is the point where you can sprinkle on graham cracker crumbs if you like. It’s totally optional.
We love to dip all kinds of things into this cherry cheesecake yogurt dip like graham crackers, shortbread cookies, strawberries, cherries, pretzels, wheat crackers and vanilla wafers. You can really dip anything you like and it’ll be amazing!
CAN CHERRY CHEESECAKE YOGURT DIP BE MADE AHEAD
You can make the cheesecake base up to 2 days ahead of serving. Store tightly covered in the refrigerator. Right before serving, spread the cherry pie filling over the top.
Freezing Cherry Cheesecake Yogurt Dip is not recommended. The ingredients may separate during freezing or thawing, which can effect the texture and taste of the dip.
Cherry Cheesecake Yogurt Dip
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup Greek vanilla yogurt
- 1-1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 21 ounce cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs optional
- In a medium bowl, whip the cream until soft peaks form. Add 1/4 cup of the powdered sugar and keep whipping until the whipped cream reaches the hard peak stage. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Add the yogurt and remaining powdered sugar, continue whipping it until the mixture is smooth. Stir in the lemon zest.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until combined and no white streaks are visible. Spread onto a pie plate or rimmed dish.
- Pour the cherry pie filling over the cream cheese mixture and use a spatula to spread the filling out to the edges.
- Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs around edges (optional).
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!