A no-bake Peanut Butter Pie that’s made from scratch. Richly decadent, fluffy, smooth and couldn’t be easier to make. The peanut buttery filling needs only FOUR ingredients!
This Peanut Butter Pie is just right for serving a deliciously easy whipped dessert for after dinner, potluck or holiday table. We love making simple and tasty desserts like our Blueberry Nectarine Cake, Homemade Pumpkin Cake, and Instant Pot Strawberry Cheesecake. This is one of our Dessert recipes you’ll want to keep in your recipe box!
Peanut Butter Pie
Are you craving a luscious pie that’s simple to make? Then this whipped peanut butter pie recipe hits all the marks. It’s made from scratch using only a handful of ingredients and takes only minutes to prep. It’s one of our family’s favorite desserts.
This recipe comes from my very good friend Connie. Imagine the temperature’s hovering at 98 degrees, the doorbell rings and a luscious frozen pie is put in your hot hands! It’s the BEST surprise I’ve had in a very long time. I changed the amount of peanut butter added and instructions slightly to make my version of this deliciously cool treat.
We made our own graham cracker crust, but if you don’t want to….a ready-made one from the store is fine. Just mix up the filling to make this decadent dessert even faster.
Ingredients Needed For This Recipe
- Graham Crackers – we used 9 full sheets of graham crackers for this crust. The sheets have 4 crackers per sheet. Depending on how yours are packaged, you may need more or less. When crushed into crumbs, you’ll want a measure of 1 1/2 cups of crumbs. Alternately, graham cracker crumbs are sold by the box for convenience, just measure what you need right from the package.
- Sugar – white granulated sugar is our choice.
- Butter – we love unsalted butter for our recipes. It allows the cook to control the salt!
- Cream Cheese – a full 8 ounces of cream cheese! Set the block out a few hours ahead of time to soften OR place cream cheese block on a plate and microwave for 10 second intervals until softened.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – not to be confused with evaporated milk. NOTE – The cans look similar and most grocery stock them next to each other on the shelves.
- Whipped Topping – aka non-dairy whipped topping. We used a national brand but most store brands are more budget friendly and just as good!
- Creamy Peanut Butter – for this recipe, we recommend smooth, sweetened peanut butter. Natural peanut butter (the kind with the oil on top that needs stirred in) can be runny and too heavy to make a fluffy pie.
Substitute Real Whipped Cream
Sure you can! Rather than cool whip or another whipped topping, you can definitely use heavy cream to make this amazing pie. Here’s what you’ll need to make the substitution.
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- To a large mixer bowl fitted with a whisk attachment, add the heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Whip on HIGH speed until stiff peaks form. (The peaks or tips will stand straight up and hold their shape).
- Fold whipped cream into peanut butter mixture according to the recipe.
How To Make Peanut Butter Pie
This Peanut Butter Pie is super simple to make in only minutes. Bake crust for 8 -10 minutes, or make it no-bake by simply chilling the crust in the refrigerator. Then beat the cream cheese, condensed milk and peanut butter together until smooth and fluffy. Fold in the whipped topping and you’re ready to fill the crust. Done!
- To a food processor, add graham cracker sheets. Pulse until pieces resemble fine crumbs. Alternately, place graham cracker sheets in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Pour the crumbs into a 9-inch pie dish. Add sugar and stir to combine. Pour the melted butter over the crust crumbs and toss with a fork until graham cracker mixture is totally moistened.
- Press the crumb mixture over the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake crust in 350°F preheated oven OR chill the crust for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- To a medium bowl, add the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk and the peanut butter. Beat with stand or electric mixer at low speed first, then on high speed for the last 30 seconds or so. Mix until completely blended and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold 1/2 of whipped topping into the peanut butter mixture until no white streaks remain. Add remaining whipped topping and gently fold into peanut butter mixture until blended.
- Scrape pie filling into crust and smooth the top. Chill for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator. Slice and add chopped peanut garnish on top before serving.
Toppings for Peanut Butter Pie
There’s no need to stop at using chopped peanuts. Depending on the season, you can dress your pie up or down to fit any occasion. Here’s a few of our favorites:
- Add a drizzle of chocolate sauce in a pretty pattern for even more decadence.
- Sprinkle peanut butter or chocolate chips over the top!
- Dress it up with plain or chocolate covered strawberries or bananas!
- Pile on the mini peanut butter cups.
- Make it colorful with a drizzle of caramel and handfuls of coated peanut butter candies!
- Spread on more whipped cream and dust with chocolate shavings.
Storing Peanut Butter Pie
- Store pie in an airtight container or the pie dish wrapped completely in plastic.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for 2 months.
- If frozen, let sit out to soften a little at room temperature before cutting.
More Peanut Butter Recipes You’ll Love
- Ultimate Peanut Butter Brownies
- No Churn Peanut Butter Crunch Ice Cream
- Peanut Butter Sundae Sauce
- Sprinkle Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
Peanut Butter Pie
For Pie Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs ,about 9 full sheets of graham crackers
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter ,5 1/3 tablespoons, melted
For Pie Filling
- 8 ounce block cream cheese ,softened
- 8 ounce Cool Whip
- 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp chopped peanuts for garnish optional
Make the Crust:
- To a food processor, add graham cracker sheets. Pulse until resemble small crumbs. Alternately, place graham cracker sheets in plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Pour crumbs into a 9-inch pie plate. Add sugar and stir to combine. Pour over melted butter and toss with a fork until graham cracker mixture is moistened.
- Press crumb mixture over the bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake crust in 350°F preheated oven or chill crust for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
Make the Pie Filling:
- To a medium bowl, add the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter. Beat until completely blended, about 3 minutes.
- Fold 1/2 of whipped topping into peanut butter mixture until no white streaks remain. Add remaining whipped topping and gently fold into peanut butter mixture until blended.
- Scrape pie filling into crust and smooth top. Chill for at least 2 hours in refrigerator. Add peanut garnish on top before serving.
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.