This Peanut Butter Sundae Sauce is next level delicious – packed with smooth, sweet peanut flavor with an amazing grainy texture just like the ice cream shop. This is one recipe you will want to make this again and again.
Yes Friends, I am at it again. Another ice cream topping. Guys, seriously, this is the kind of sauce that will keep you up at night. It is truly addictive! I thought I was strong enough to resist, but one spoonful led to another and then it was gone. Now I find myself making dishes to use this sauce on. Heck, you don’t even need to make anything…just use it to dip apple slices…or bananas. Yum.
Making this sauce could not be easier. Just throw everything except the peanut butter into a saucepan and heat. Let cool and then add the peanut butter. Super simple! Be sure NOT to add the peanut butter to the saucepan while the sauce is cooking. The result is not pretty…the mixture becomes thick and the oil starts to separate out. Not good.
Growing up, our town had only one restaurant, a Friendly’s. On Sunday afternoons, if we had enough allowance saved, my sisters and I would ride our bikes there to get peanut butter sundaes. The sauce was so delicious and creamy that we savored every bite. We were all taught enough manners not to lick out the serving dish, but we sure were tempted. This Peanut Butter Sundae Sauce tastes almost identical to the one Friendly’s serves.
If you are a long-term reader, you know that I have been trying to substitute healthier ingredients in my recipes whenever I can. For this recipe, I used Kroger brand all-natural peanut butter with no added sugar, it contains only peanuts and salt.
So I am calling to all peanut butter lovers!! This Peanut Butter Sundae Sauce is maybe the best EVER that you will eat. I don’t normally write things like that, but this sauce is so good I had to tell you about it.
Craving more homemade sundae toppings? Check these out:
- Homemade Chocolate Sauce – made with cocoa and butter!
- Homemade Fresh Pineapple Sauce – tasty tropical topper!
- Easy Homemade Strawberry Sauce – intense berry flavor!
This Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sauce is next level delicious – packed with smooth, sweet peanut flavor with an amazing grainy texture just like the ice cream shop. This is one recipe you will want to make this again and again.
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter (the kind you need to stir)
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine all of the ingredients except the peanut butter. Stir constantly until the sugar is completely dissolved, 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Add the peanut butter to the cooled mixture. Keep stirring until completely combined and smooth.
Note – if substituting regular creamy peanut butter with added sugar, omit 1 Tablespoon of the sugar in the recipe.
Keywords: peanut butter, topping, ice cream, sundae, dessert, frozen