Creamy rich and velvety smooth, this cocoa powder based 10 Minute Homemade Chocolate Sauce adds the right finishing touch to any ice cream sundae. Served hot or cold, this old family recipe chocolate sauce will have your dessert lovers begging for more!
Folks, this is the real deal. Homemade Chocolate Sauce made the old fashioned way with butter and cocoa. This sauce is rich and smooth, with none of the grainy texture that some other recipes have. Try it on ice cream, cake or as a fruit dip! Enjoy!
The chocolate sauce is best eaten warm. Hot fudge anyone? It will thicken as it cools but you should still be able to pour it on your ice cream right from the fridge.
Dress the sauce up or down. Make it fancy by adding walnuts and chocolate sprinkles! YUM!
If you love ice cream, you might enjoy these frozen desserts:
- Frozen Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Pie – It will have you at cheescake!
- No Churn Peanut Butter Ice Cream – ice cream parlor flavor made in your freezer
- Strawberry Gelato – summer like an Italian
- Fresh Homemade Pineapple Sauce – tastes like up-side down cake!
Reasons to love this Homemade Chocolate Sauce recipe:
- It is easy to make and ready to eat in about 20 minutes!
- Family-friendly recipe – kids love it!
- Budget -friendly and leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for 7 days
- Recipe can be easily doubled or tripled depending on your needs
This site may contain affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links, which helps to keep this content free.
Rich Creamy Homemade Chocolate Sauce
Click highlighted ingredients to buy them!
- In a small bowl, mix cocoa powder and sugar. Set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, heat milk, butter and corn syrup over medium heat until butter is melted.
- Over medium heat, whisk 1/2 of the dry ingredients into the milk mixture until smooth. Repeat with the remaining 1/2 of the dry ingredients.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, stirring constantly for 1-1/2 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Serve warm or store in refrigerator in a tightly covered container for up to 7 days.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.