These crispy Orange Jerk Chicken Wings are marinated in a no joke zesty blend of orange juice, garlic and spices then baked for a fantastic but oh-so-easy appetizer or meal.
Yes, that’s right Folks..we are doing up MORE amazing chicken, like these Orange Jerk Chicken Wings. We just can’t get enough of them! Such crispy and juicy oven baked deliciousness must be shared!
Let’s start with full disclosure….we used jalapeno peppers instead of the traditional Scotch Bonnet peppers to make the wings. We cooked these wings for a crowd and thought we would temper the heat by using peppers with less mouth scorching heat. But feel free to use Scotch Bonnets if you are a purist. And if you love super intense heat…you WILL want.
💡 TIP -Scotch bonnet peppers have a heat rating of 100,000–350,000 Scoville units, while most jalapeno peppers have a heat rating of 2,500 to 8,000 on the Scoville scale. Choose the pepper that best suits who you’re cooking for!
If you’re a fine connoisseur of super tasty but easy oven chicken wings, you MUST also try our fan favorite Cajun Honey Lime Wings …they’re totally delish!
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST ORANGE JERK CHICKEN WINGS
This orange jerk chicken wing recipe is all about the insanely easy marinade. You just throw the ingredients into a food process or blender and pulse. Done. Easy!
I used my mini prep food processor and blended the marinade in batches. I probably should have used the bigger food processor but I was lazy and mini size one is easier to clean.
Pour the sauce over the wings in a plastic bag and stick the bag in the refrigerator to give the wings a good, long soak.
Throw the wings on a parchment lined baking sheet and put them to bake in the oven. Give them 35 – 40 minutes to come to full crispy and juicy goodness. Squeeze orange juice over the wings just before serving! Amazing!
PRO TIPS FOR THE BEST OVEN WINGS
Meaty Wings – buy the biggest and meatiest wings you can find. There’s not a lot of meat of them to begin with, so the larger the wing, the more moist and juicy meat will be left after cooking.
Well Done – Oven cooked wings are done and ready to eat when an instant read thermometer inserted at the thickest part of the wing meat reads 165°F. If the temperature hasn’t been reached, return the wings to the oven for 3 – 5 minutes and check the thermometer again.
Bring on the Flavor – use the freshest spices and flavorings you can find. Wings are amazing plain…but it’s the seasonings that’ll get you bragging rights!
MORE LOADED WITH FLAVOR OVEN WINGS TO LOVE:
- Fiery Asian Chicken Wings
- Spicy Nacho Chicken Wings
- Crispy Honey Mustard Chicken Wings
- Sweet Cajun Rub Chicken Wings
- Spicy Apricot Chicken Wings
Orange Jerk Chicken Wings
- 3 lbs whole chicken wings cut into wing pieces, optional
For the Marinade:
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the marinade ingredients. Pulse until blended and smooth.
- Place your chicken wings in a large plastic resealable bag. Pour marinade over the chicken and seal, removing as much air as possible. Use your fingers to move the chicken around in the bag until each wings is coating with marinade. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat your oven to 400°F. Spray a large, rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Remove chicken wings from the bag and place skin side up on baking sheet. Bake on the center rack of the oven for 35 – 40 minutes or until the wings have reached an internal temperature of at least 165°F on an instant read thermometer.
- Transfer the wings to a serving plate and garnish with additional green onion and orange slices.
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.