Chicken wings, coated with spicy tortilla chips and oven-baked to crispy perfection – these wings are a winner for game days or anytime!
Spicy Nacho Chicken Wings are great for game day, parties or weeknight dinner. They’re crunchy, spicy, and easy to throw together at the last minute.
It’s taken me awhile to branch out from sauced oven chicken wings to crumb coated ones like these Spicy Nacho Chicken Wings. Around here, we’ve had a love affair with Cajun Honey Lime Chicken Wings, Fiery Asian Chicken Wings and Kickin Teriyaki Hot Wings as I’ve made them over and over….but it never hurts to try new things.
Talk about crumb coatings! Guys…does it get any better than nacho chips? I mean, I may have eaten a bag by myself…but whatevs. When I started thinking about possible crumb coating for chicken wings, the thought of nacho chips popped into my head and wouldn’t let go.
The guys were super understanding and ate 30 pounds of chicken wings over several days as I tried out different variations for this recipe. My goal was to shrink the ingredient list as much as possible, without sacrificing any flavor. Surprisingly, it turns out that the spicy nacho chips weren’t able to stand on their own to flavor the wings. To really make the flavor pop, I added garlic and onion seasonings to the flour. In our opinion, the chips were salty enough to avoid adding more.
This site may contain affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links, which helps to keep this content free.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE SPICY NACHO CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE
*Serve with veggies and Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing as a dip!
WHAT TEMPERATURE SHOULD FULLY COOKED WINGS BE?
Chicken Wings are fully cooked when a meat thermometer, inserted at the thickest part of the wing meat reads 165°F. If the temperature has not been reached, return the wings to the oven for 3 – 5 minutes or until temperature is reached.
Spicy Nacho Chicken Wings
Click highlighted ingredients to buy them!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 9 x 13 or larger baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or line with foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Using a sharp knife or bone-cutting shears, remove wing tips and discard. Cut wings at the joint, leaving the drumette and the wingette.
- Measure the flour, garlic powder and onion powder into a large food storage bag. Shake bag until combined.
- In a shallow bowl crack the eggs and whisk until frothy. Into another shallow bowl or plate, pour the tortilla chip crumbs.
- Working a few at a time, drop wings into bag with flour mixture and shake to coat. Tap off excess.
- Dip wings into the egg mixture, turning to coat. Roll wings in tortilla crumbs until completely covered. Arrange the chicken wing pieces into a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake on the middle rack of 375 degree oven for 45 – 55 minutes or until wings have reached an internal temperature of 165°F on a meat thermometer. Serve Hot.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!