Easy Spicy Apricot Chicken Wings – sticky baked wings brushed with a spicy glaze of apricot preserves, brown sugar and zesty seasonings. Extra sauce is great for dipping!
Chicken Wings are always a favorite at our house, like these easy Spicy Apricot Chicken Wings. The guys love them cooked pretty much any way, but I usually bake them with a bold sauce. And heat….they have to have some heat to them!
Apricot preserves might seem like an unusual start to a wings sauce, but these are really tasty. Apricots are not overly sweet and pair well with lots of different spices, and sauces like soy and worcestershire. What you get is an incredible marinade and basting sauce that is spicy and sticky sweet.
HOW TO MAKE SPICY APRICOT CHICKEN WINGS
This recipe is super easy to make. Once the chicken is cut and the sauce is mixed you’re ready to go. There’s no getting out saucepans with cooking and simmering beforehand so getting these wings to the table is completely simple. Leaving you more time to relax and enjoy.
- Chicken Wings – remove the wing tips and cut the wings into wingettes and drumettes, or leave them whole…you choose.
- Apricot Preserves – use your favorite brand.
- Soy Sauce – regular or low-sodium are both fine. If you like, substitute Tamari for a less salty taste, or Ponzu, which has a citrus flavor.
- Worcestershire Sauce – add savory flavor to the sauce mixture.
- Dijon Mustard – add just the right amount of tang.
- Brown Sugar – light or dark are both equally good.
- Red Pepper Flakes – use a little or add more to increase the heat.
- Garlic Powder – easy to mix into the sauce.
- Paprika – adds nice color to the sauce.
While the chicken is cooking, throw in a full sheet of Garlic Matchstick Fries into the oven to cook alongside. The potatoes will be tender but not browned after 50 minutes in the 350°F oven, so crisp them under the broiler once the wings are done. They’ll be extra crispy and delicious!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Fiery Asian Chicken Wings – 5 years ago
- Cajun Honey Lime Chicken Wings – 4 years ago
- Spicy Nacho Chicken Wings – 1 year ago
- Crispy Honey Mustard Chicken Wings – 1 year ago
Easy Spicy Apricot Chicken Wings
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place wire rack into large rimmed sheet pan. Coat with cooking spray.
- Place wings into large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, mix preserves, worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, pepepr flakes, brown sugar, garlic powder, paprika and Dijon mustard. Pour 1/2 the sauce over chicken wings and toss to coat. Let them sit for 10 – 15 minutes to let the flavors marinate.
- Transfer wings to wire rack on baking sheet and bake 40 – 45 minutes, basting wings with remaining sauce every 15 minutes. Wings are done when sauce is caramelized and sticky and instant read thermometer reads at least 165°F when inserted into thickest part of the wing.
- Remove from oven and serve with any remaining sauce.
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!