One Pan Roast Chicken with Balsamic Vegetables – smoky herb chicken, roasted on a bed of balsamic tossed fresh vegetables baked on a sheet pan! A complete meal ready in under an hour!
If you are finally feeling the Fall weather, then you will love this recipe. Is there anything better than the smell of roasting chicken in the oven? And the taste of the drippings on the roasted vegetables will have you eating them right out off the sheet pan!
This recipe is warm and satisfying, with it’s juicy chicken thighs and roasted veggies, but so delicious that you’ll want to make it all year long!
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE ONE PAN ROAST CHICKEN WITH BALSAMIC VEGETABLES
This is one of the easiest meals you will ever make. Roasted chicken with crispy skin and vegetables are packed with so much flavor from balsamic vinegar and spices and all baked on the same pan.
- Chicken Thighs – we used bone-in, skin-on thighs for this recipe.
- Carrots – cut them in half lengthwise to increase the surface area for the balsamic to sink in. Yum.
- Red Onions – these are the sweetest variety of onions, but yellow or white onion are fine.
- Mushrooms – leave them whole so they don’t overcook or burn on the sheet pan.
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar – for amazing, tangy flavor!
- Smoked Paprika – adds subtle smoky flavor to everything!
Directions For Making Sheet Pan Roast Chicken with Balsamic Vegetables
This recipe is made easy by all the ingredients cooked on one sheet pan.
- First, preheat the oven to 400F/200C.
- Lightly grease your sheet pan with olive oil and spread the vegetables out in a single layer.
- In a small bowl, mix the oil, vinegar and garlic and pour over the vegetables. Toss to coat.
- Finally, nestle the chicken onto the veggies, evenly sprinkle the chicken and veggies with spices and pop the pan in the oven for 50 minutes until the chicken is done. The chicken should be at least 165F using a digital meat thermometer, inserted into the thickest part of the chicken.
MORE ONE PAN DINNER IDEAS
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- One Pan Chicken Pepperoni Pizza
- Sheet Pan Pork Chop Parmesan
- One Skillet Chicken Parmesan with Pasta
- One Pot Mexican Beef and Potatoes
- Sheet Pan Sesame Chicken with Vegetables
One Pan Roast Chicken with Balsamic Vegetables
- 1 pound small red potatoes
- 6 medium carrots peeled and halved lengthwise
- 2 medium red onions peeled and quartered
- 8 ounces mushrooms cleaned and stemmed
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 TBSP Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2-1/2 pounds chicken thighs bone in, skin-on (about 8 thighs)
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly grease large sheet pan with oil, or coat with cooking spray.
- Spread the vegetables in a single layer on the pan. In a small bowl, mix the oil, vinegar and garlic. Pour over the vegetables and toss to coat completely. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken thighs on top of vegetables in a single layer. Sprinkle the chicken evenly with thyme,basil and paprika.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until the thickest part of the chicken thighs have reached 165°F on a meat thermometer. *Based on the size of the thighs cooking time may vary.
- Remove from the oven, let stand for 5 minutes and serve.
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.