This Jalapeno Popper Dip recipe is fresh, creamy, cheesy and completely addictive! Made with cream cheese, cheddar cheese and fresh jalapenos, then topped with toasted parmesan breadcrumbs. Serve your popper dip with tortilla chips for an amazing party snack.
If you love the heat and creaminess of jalapeno poppers, you’re going to love this Jalapeno Popper Dip with Panko Crumbs and Bacon! It’s has all of the flavor and heat of those delicious bacon wrapped appetizers…without all all the work!
I like to sprinkle the bacon on top rather than adding it to the dip to keep it crispy and if you don’t want bacon (gasp), you can push it aside. It’s the polite thing to do…and leaves more for the bacon lovers!
HOW TO MAKE JALAPENO POPPER DIP
Let’s talk about making this insanely easy dip. First mix the cream cheese, sour cream and garlic powder. Add cheddar cheese and jalapenos and beat until just combined. Spread into an ovenproof dish.
In a small bowl, toss the panko with the parmesan cheese, then pour over melted butter. Stir with a fork until the crumbs and cheese are moistened. Sprinkle over the cheese mixture, totally covering the mixture. Bake until golden brown.
After it comes out of the oven, garnish with diced bacon, jalapeno slices and cilantro. Serve this dip hot!
Every cook is different and what’s stocked in the pantry is most likely based on what your audience…family and friends… loves to eat. So when we’re talking subbing in or out recipe ingredients, what’s on hand can really vary depending on your skill and comfort level in the kitchen.
- Sour Cream – Greek yogurt or mayonnaise are good stand-ins for the sour cream. If calories are an issue, light sour cream is fine.
- Garlic Powder – feel free to use fresh or jarred minced garlic instead. You’ll want to give it a quick saute in a tiny bit of oil to remove the raw taste.
- Jalapenos – fresh chopped jalapenos give this dip lots of crunch, but jarred or canned sliced jalapenos will work too.
- Jalapeno Popper Dip is great for game days, special occasions and party planning. The dip can be fully prepped a day ahead, then refrigerated until you’re ready to bake and serve.
- Freezing the prepped dip isn’t recommended because cream cheese and sour cream tend to separate during thawing.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH JALAPENO POPPER DIP
There’s a variety of perfect dippers to go with popper dip. Tortilla chips are our favorite…they just seem to “go” with jalapeno dip. Make your guests happy by setting out an assortment of scoopers so there’s something for everyone.
- Pita Chips
- Italian Bread Sticks
- Raw Vegetables
MORE PARTY DIP IDEAS
- Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Easy Spinach Dip
- White Cheddar Herb Dip
- Cherry Cheesecake Yogurt Dip
JALAPENO POPPER DIP
Click on highlighted ingredients to buy them.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat oven-safe dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In medium mixing bowl, blend cream cheese, sour cream and garlic powder. Add cheddar cheese and jalapeno, beating until well combined. Spread mixture into bottom of prepared dish, smooth the top.
- In small mixing bowl, toss panko crumbs and parmesan cheese. Pour over melted butter and mix until combined. Sprinkle over the cheese mixture in an even layer, completely covering the cheese mixture.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until crumb mixture is golden brown. Remove from oven and garnish with diced bacon, jalapeno slices and cilantro. Serve hot with tortilla chips.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!