Make a Ginger Vanilla Cherry Parfait with this easy recipe. Ginger brings out the flavor of Vanilla and makes this dessert!
VANILLA PUDDING CHERRY PARFAIT
Just when I thought that vanilla pudding could not be more…well vanilla, I stumbled upon something that changed my mind. Last week I was following a store recipe on making a crumb topping for grilled fruit using Ginger Snaps. It was awesome, but the recipe made way too much for the amount of fruit I grilled. I was going to do a blog post about the grilled fruit but the fruit turned to mush on the grill so it was a total bust. Anyway, the ginger snap crumbs were so good that I totally ate them off the fruit and saved the rest for later.
I decided to make a vanilla pudding parfait and use the crumbs for a layer between the pudding and fruit. The ginger flavor completely enhances the taste of vanilla pudding. I would not believe it if I hadn’t tasted it for myself! Check out how I made it…
Vanilla Pudding Cherry Parfait
Click on highlighted ingredients to buy them.
- 3.4 ounce instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1-3/4 cup milk, 2%
- 21 ounce Cherry Pie filling, canned
- 25 Ginger Snaps
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp Almond Extract, optional
- Whipped Topping or Whipped cream, optional
- Sliced almonds for garnish, optional
- In medium bowl, whisk pudding mix and milk until mixture starts to thicken. Set aside, do not refrigerate yet
- In a small bowl, crush the ginger snap cookies into crumbs, or use a food processor. Add the butter and sugar and mix thoroughly. Set aside, reserving 1/4 cup of crumbs for garnish
- Pour the can of pie filling into a small bowl, add 1/8 teaspooon Almond Extract. Stir to blend, set aside.
- Into 6 small parfait glasses, assemble the dessert. Put a scant tablepoon of ginger snap crumbs into the bottom of each glass. Spoon 2 tablespoons of vanilla pudding on top of crumbs. Add 2 tablespoons of cherry pie filling on top of pudding. Continue this process in all 6 glasses until the crumbs,pudding and pie filling have all been used.
- Chill for 1 hour until pudding is set.
- Garnish parfaits with reserved crumbs, whipped cream and almond slices (optional)
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.