Cool and tangy, this simple mini lemon tart dessert has only 4 easy ingredients.
EASY BREEZY MINI LEMON TART
Does just hearing the word Lemon make your mouth start to water? If you love the taste of Lemon you will love this recipe!! The beauty of these lemon tarts is that you don’t need expensive tart pans. They’re made in wide mouth mason jar lids which are totally reusable! These cute little tarts are simple enough to make anytime and look fancy enough for guests!
INGREDIENTS FOR MINI LEMON TARTS
As promised, only 4 ingredients needed to make these amazing little tarts:
- Refrigerated Pie Crusts
- Lemon Creme Pie Filling
- Powdered Sugar
TIPS FOR MAKING MASON JAR LEMON TARTS
- Be sure to chill the dough after rolling and filling the lids. The pie dough needs to be cold to bake up crisp and flaky.
- Place the lids on a sheet pan before baking and chilling. The lids shouldn’t be placed directly on the racks of the oven when baking.
- For best results, chill the can of lemon filling before using. This may reduce the time the tarts need to chill after filling the crusts.
- Wipe excess moisture from the strawberries before placing on the tarts. If the strawberries are damp, the powdered sugar will soak into the strawberries.
TOOLS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
Click on the links below to see the items used to make this recipe. Visit my Kitchen Essentials Shop to see all our favorites.
Sheet Pan – to bake anything you can think of on a sheet pan. Commercial grade and made in the USA!
Wide Mouth Mason Jar Lids – these metal lids make perfect mini tart pans. The center disks makes it super easy to remove the tarts from the lids!
TRY SOME OF MY OTHER POPULAR DESSERT RECIPES:
- Tall New York Cheesecake
- Apple Crisp
- Classic Carrot Cake
- Glazed Lemon Pound Cake
- Pumpkin Slab Pie
- Classic Carrot Cake
- Perfect Pound Cake
- Frozen Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Pie
Cool and tangy, this easy dessert only has 4 simple ingredients.
- 1 Box Refrigerated Pie Crust (2 rolls)
- 1 (21 ounce) can Lemon Creme Pie Filling
- 5 large strawberries, stemmed and halved lengthwise
- 2 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven according to pie crust package directions. Place your tart pans or lids onto a baking pan lined with parchment. If using mason jar lids, you will want to place the insert into the ring with the rubber down. Give each pan a light spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Roll piecrust on a floured board to about 14 x 8 rectangle each. Cut dough into circles about an inch wider than your lids (or tart pans if you are using them). I use a small bowl to cut around. Place each circle into a tin, the sides should come slightly over the top of the pans. Using a fork, puncture the dough in the bottom of the pans a few times. Chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes, then bake according to package directions until golden brown. When done, set aside to cool.
- When pans are cool, fill each crust with Lemon Creme. Do not remove the crust from the pans. Place a strawberry half on top of each lemon creme tart. Chill for several hours. To remove from lid, pick up lid from the sides, push up on the insert from underneath an “pop” out the tart.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving. Enjoy!
Total time does not include chilling time.
- Serving Size: 1 Tart
Keywords: lemon tart, dessert
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!