Apple Cranberry Pocket Pies are apple pie filling mixed with tart dried cranberries, baked in refrigerated pie dough. Using a pie press or or hands, you will be able to get the amazing flavor of fresh baked pie in minutes.
I was supposed to be doing online holiday shopping when I came across a “Pocket Pie” press. It looked so easy to use. Just lay pie crust dough over the press, spoon filling into one side, fold the press over on itself, press down, and out falls an Apple Cranberry Pocket Pie. Just bake and eat! How simple is that? Well, of course I had to get one (cough) as a present for myself!
This pocket pie is a combination of sweet apple pie filling and tart dried cranberries. This combined with a flaky, buttery crust ….who could resist? Just four ingredients and less than 20 minutes to make a delicious cozy snack!
Filling Ideas for Pocket Pies
There are so many ways to fill these awesome little pies. Make them as sweet or savory as you like. Use your imagination. These are just some ideas. You can even freeze them before or after baking!
- Blueberry Pie Filling and Almonds
- Cherries and Chocolate
- Gruyere and Raspberry Jam
- Mushroom, Swiss Cheese and Caramelized Onion
- Spinach and Goat Cheese
- Broccoli and Cheddar Cheese
- Pepperoni, Mozzarella and Marinara
Apple Cranberry Pocket Pies
Click on highlighted ingredients to buy them.
- 14.1 ounce refrigerated pie crust, 1 box (2 rolls), at room temperature
- 20 ounce Apple Pie Filling, canned
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out one dough, and using a pie press or cereal bowl on top of the dough, press and twist to cut the dough into a round. Or use a knife.
- Place 2 tablespoons of apple filling and a sprinkle of dried cranberries on one side of the dough. Fold the dough over on itself to make a half circle, and seal the pie edges with a fork. If using a pie press the edges will be sealed when you press it.
- Place on a cookie sheet and repeat the process 7 more times, until all of the dough is used. Each roll of crust should net 4 pocket pies, if scraps are re-rolled. Carefully cut a small steam opening in the top of each crust.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until dough is golden brown. Let cool, sprinkle with powered sugar and enjoy!
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.