This is the best simple Orange Garlic Chicken Stir Fry you’ll ever make. Chunks of chicken, healthy broccoli and cauliflower coated in a easy sweet and savory sauce. A healthy dinner recipe the whole family will love.
There’s nothing faster than a stir fry for busy weeknight when you need to get supper on the table – quick!
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE THIS ORANGE GARLIC CHICKEN STIR FRY RECIPE
- Chicken – boneless skinless chicken breasts are used here, but chicken thighs are a tasty sub.
- Broccoli – bags of frozen florets in the freezer means you always have the makings for a stir fry. Thaw before using.
- Cauliflower – fresh or frozen, both are equally fine.
- Garlic – pre-minced garlic is a super time-saver for meal prep.
- Orange Juice – fresh or from the carton are both fine. No orange juice? Substitute chicken broth.
- Soy Sauce – low-sodium, regular or substituting low carb Tamari will all give stir fry sauce nice flavor.
- Cornstarch – this is an essential for quickly thickening the sauce. Using 1 teaspoon of Xantham Gum can be a low carb alternative.
You can use any vegetables you want here. Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, snap peas, zucchini – they’ll all work fine. Leftovers are great too. Best advice – try to use veggies that are all cut the same size and will cook in about the same time.
Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces for quick cooking. You could also swap out the chicken for beef, pork or shrimp. Going meatless? Mushrooms or tofu are great substitutes and add bulk to the stir-fry.
Pairing the flavor of orange with the garlic is what makes this dish so tasty and fresh. If you don’t like orange, you can substitute chicken broth for the orange juice.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- Amazing Chicken Lo Mein
- Easy Fried Rice
- Sweet and Soy Chicken
- Fiery Asian Chicken Wings
- Pork and Vegetable Ponzu Fried Rice
- PF Changs Knockoff Lettuce Wraps
Orange Garlic Chicken Stir Fry
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
- In large pan over medium-high heat, heat 1 TBSP oil. Add broccoli and cauliflower to the pan. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender-crisp. Transfer to plate and set aside.
- To the pan, add remaining oil and heat until shimmering. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is browned on all sides and at least 165°F on instant read thermometer 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minutes until fragrant.
- In a small bowl whisk together orange juice, soy sauce, honey and cornstarch, Pour over chicken and vegetables. Stir continuously until sauce starts to thicken. Remove from heat and serve.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.