PF Changs Knockoff Lettuce Wraps – perfectly seasoned chicken, water chestnuts, garlic and spices for delicious wraps that tastes just like the original!
Let me say, I don’t attempt many restaurant knockoffs. Most end up disappointing and I could have actually went to the restaurant for the cost of the food I wasted. So I was wary when deciding to make PF Changs Knockoff Lettuce Wraps. But I love this dish so much , I was all in for making it at home.
Reasons to love this PF Changs Knockoff Lettuce Wraps recipe:
My #1 reason for loving this recipe is that it’s great for the freezer, and only take minutes to thaw and heat n the microwave.
- The dish is packed with amazing flavors and lean protein
- It is perfect for busy weeknights and also for entertaining guests
- Economical – pound for pound, chicken is a cheap source of low-fat, protein-rich meat
- It is easy to make and ready to eat in about 25 minutes!
- Family-friendly – kid tested!
This site may contain affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links, which helps to keep this content free.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE PF CHANGS KNOCKOFF LETTUCE WRAPS
- Ground Chicken
- Sesame Oil – a must have for Asian home cooking!
- Minced Garlic – stash in the fridge so you always have garlic for your recipes!
- Soy Sauce – keep on hand to add flavor to fried rice, sauces and more.
- Hoisin Sauce – use in marinades, roasts and stir-fry.
- Rice Vinegar – unseasoned to use in marinades, dressings and sauces.
How To Make Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Make this easy dish in just a few steps:
- In a medium skillet, over medium heat, warm up 1 tablespoon sesame oil. Add the chicken and the onion and cook until chicken is cooked thru and the onions translucent. Break up any chunks of chicken with a wooden spoon as it cooks so it resembles ground beef.
- In a measuring cup, mix together garlic, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, fresh ginger, rice vinegar and sriracha sauce. Add to the skillet with the chicken along with the water chestnuts. Stir until the chicken and onions are coated. Remove from heat. Stir in 2 teaspoons of sesame oil. Salt to taste and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the Ponzu with the Thai Chili Sauce. Wash and separate the lettuce leaves. Serve the chicken mixture in a lettuce leaf and top with shaved carrots, green onions or peanut as desired. Spoon on sauce as desired, roll up lettuce leaf and enjoy.
Hungry for more Asian inspired recipes?
- Easy Fried Rice – Serve with lettuce wraps for a complete meal
- Instant Pot Orange Chicken – sweet,sticky and better than take-out
- Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken – serve over rice for a taste treat
- Pork and Vegetable Ponzu Fried Rice – savory, sweet with a hint of citrus
PF Changs Knockoff Lettuce Wraps
Click on highlighted ingredients to buy them.
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 8 ounce water chestnuts, minced
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 head Little Gem lettuce
- 3 tbsp Ponzu, citrus flavored soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Thai Chili Sauce
- Wash, dry and separate leaves of lettuce. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, over medium heat, warm up 1 tablespoon sesame oil. Add the chicken and the onion and cook until cooked thru, about 5 – 7 minutes. The onion will become translucent. Break up any chunks of chicken as it browns.
- In a measuring cup, whisk together garlic, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, fresh ginger, rice vinegar and sriracha sauce. Pour into the skillet with the chicken. Add the water chestnuts. Stir until the chicken, onions and water chestnuts are coated and the sauce starts to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in 2 teaspoons of sesame oil. Salt to taste.
- In a small bowl, mix the Ponzu with the Thai Chili Sauce.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture into a lettuce leaf, and top with sauce. Fold the lettuce over like a taco to eat.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.