Crispy Garlic Matchstick Fries are amazingly crisp and so full of flavor. Hot from the oven, just the smell of the crisp potatoes with garlic will start your mouth watering! Perfect as a side dish to grilled meats and burgers!
One of my favorite things to make in the oven are fries! Please don’t get me started!! I love fries and could eat them at every meal…but that’s just me! Fries should have their own food group…right there on the food pyramid (at the top of course) should be FRIES! Anyway, fries are the perfect side dish for so many yummy things to eat, but how do we keep them interesting? My favorite way is to season up the fries with lots of garlic, salt and pepper, then bake them crispy in the oven. Crispy Garlic Matchstick Fries are just crazy delicious and just like the name says, they are really crispy!Print
Serve Crispy Garlic matchstick Fries with your favorite sandwiches, hot dogs, hamburgers and brats.
- 5 – 6 Medium Russet Potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 Degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Set pan aside.
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly and dry with a paper towel
- On a cutting board, cut each potato into french fry size strips, about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick
- Transfer the cut potatoes into a single layer on the baking sheet
- Season the potatoes with garlic powder, salt and pepper
- Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil, and toss to coat. Return the potatoes to a single layer on the baking sheet
- Bake in a hot 425 Degree oven for a total of 40 minutes, turning the garlic fries over after the first 20 minutes of baking
- Garlic Fries are done when they are golden brown and crispy
- Remove from the oven, season with salt to taste and serve hot!
Vegetable oil can be substituted for the Olive oil. If using Garlic Salt instead of Garlic Powder, omit additional seasoning with salt.
I bake my fries right on the baking sheet. Do not use foil, even when greased, the potatoes have a tendency to stick.
Crispy Garlic Matchstick Fries are so easy to make and so good, your family might start requesting that they are added to your weekly menu. Mine sure did! I keep it interesting by making a variety of super easy dipping sauces for them. One of our favorites is Rodeo Sauce.
1/2 Cup Mayonnaise (I use light mayonnaise)
1-2 Tablespoons BBQ Sauce, to taste
Mix the mayonnaise and BBQ sauce in a small dish and serve as a dipping sauce for Crispy Garlic Matchstick Fries.