Crispy Garlic Matchstick Fries are amazingly crisp and flavorful oven baked fries seasoned with garlic. The perfect easy side dish!
One of my favorite things to make in the oven are fries! They come and go in our kitchen with the seasons. Fries are the perfect side dish for so many meals , but how do we keep them interesting? My favorite way is to season the hand-cut fries with lots of garlic, salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil, then bake them crispy in the oven.
I bake my fries either right on the baking sheet with lots of olive oil or on parchment paper. I don’t recommend foil because even with the foil greased, the starch in the potatoes will want to stick.
Crispy Garlic Matchstick Fries are so easy to make and so delicious, your family might start requesting them be added to your weekly menu. Mine sure did! I keep it interesting by making a variety of super easy dipping sauces for them. One of our favorites is Rodeo Sauce.
HOW TO MAKE RODEO SAUCE
This tasty fry sauce is made by mixing a half cup of mayonnaise and 2 tablespoons of barbecue sauce in a small dish. Add more BBQ sauce to your taste or even add a pinch of cayenne if you like the heat!
Crispy Garlic Matchstick Fries
Click highlighted ingredients to buy them!
- 6 medium Russet Potatoes
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 Degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Set pan aside.
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly and dry with a paper towel. On a cutting board, cut each potato into french fry size strips, about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Do this by cutting first in half lengthwise, place cut side down and cut in half lengthwise horizontally. then slice each into potato strips.
- Transfer the cut potatoes into a single layer on a greased baking sheet. Season the potatoes with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil, and toss to coat. Return the potatoes to a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake in a hot 425°F oven for a total of 40 minutes, flipping the garlic fries over after the first 20 minutes of baking. Potatoes are done when they are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oven, season with salt to taste and serve hot!
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
Post and images updated 2/28/2020