Do you ever get a craving for something sweet, yet you want more than a candy bar or a cookie from the market? Or you need a quick little dessert to serve? These little Coconut Macaroon Gems are the perfect answer. It is hard to believe that they take about 10 minutes to prep, and can be ready to eat in less than 30 minutes. You can make these fancy or plain, either way they are delicious.
What you will need:
Perfect anytime you want a sweet snack, a quick dessert or just because. Ready in eat in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 bag of Sweetened Flaked Coconut (14 oz)
- 1 can of Sweetened Condensed Milk (14 oz)
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Almond Extract (optional)
- 1 bag (12 oz) white chocolate morsels (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with Parchment Paper. Spray the paper with cooking spray. Combine the Coconut, Sweetened Condensed Milk, Vanilla and Almond Extract in a bowl. Mix thoroughly. Drop by teaspoonful (I use a small ice cream scooper) onto the prepared baking sheet. You can roll them in your palms if you want a more uniformly round macaroon. For this recipe, I made them more like chunks. Bake for 10-13 minutes, until the Coconut Macaroon Gems are lightly browned around the edges. Remove from the baking sheet and put on a rack to cool.
- Once the Coconut Macaroon Gems are cool, prepare to melt the chocolate. Place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments until the chocolate is melted. Drizzle the chocolate over the Coconut Macaroon Gems with a teaspoon, or place in a plastic pastry bag and pipe in random pattern. Let the chocolate harden, then enjoy.
Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream…heavenly!
The heat of the oven brings out the flavor of the coconut. The center is very moist and the outside is toasted and crunchy! The vanilla and almond flavorings create a rich and unique taste.
The drizzled white chocolate adds a pretty and delicious finishing touch!