Do you ever get a craving for something sweet, yet you want more than a candy bar or a cookie from the market? Or you need a quick little dessert to serve? These little Coconut Macaroon Gems are the perfect answer. It is hard to believe that they take about 10 minutes to prep, and can be ready to eat in less than 30 minutes. You can make these fancy or plain, either way they are delicious.
What you will need:
The heat of the oven brings out the flavor of the coconut. The center is very moist and the outside is toasted and crunchy! The vanilla and almond flavorings create a rich and unique taste.
The drizzled white chocolate adds a pretty and delicious finishing touch!
Coconut Macaroon Gems
Click on highlighted ingredients to buy them.
- 14 ounce Sweetened Flaked Coconut
- 14 ounce Sweetened Condensed Milk, 1 can
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Almond Extract, optional
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips, (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with Parchment Paper. Spray paper with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the Coconut, Sweetened Condensed Milk, Vanilla and Almond Extract.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10-13 minutes, until lightly browned around the edges. Remove from the baking sheet and put on a rack to cool.
- Place chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments until the chocolate is melted, stirring after each heating.
- Drizzle the chocolate over gems with a teaspoon, or place in a plastic pastry bag and pipe in random pattern. Let the chocolate set before serving.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.