These easy Salted Caramel Chocolate Pretzel Bars have only 6 ingredients and will quickly become your new favorite sweet and salty treat! A deliciously simple No Bake recipe!
SALTED CARAMEL CHOCOLATE PRETZEL BARS
Guys, you will fall in love with these bars. Besides the salted caramel, and crunchy pretzels, there’s CHOCOLATE! There is so much incredible flavor going on that your head will start spinning…okay maybe that is from the sugar rush – but you get what I mean!
This is not a delicate, intense process folks. Making these is almost too easy. You will wonder if you are doing something wrong..skipping a step. No worries. The anticipation when the knife crunches down on those pretzels while cutting is enough to get your mouth watering. It is just too much! Get yours now because they will not last long!
This site may contain affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links, which helps to keep this content free.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE SALTED CARAMEL CHOCOLATE PRETZEL BARS
There’s only five easy ingredients needed to make these tasty snack bars. You might even have everything you need in your pantry now!
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate – you can use either dark or milk chocolate
- Shortening (like vegetable shortening or coconut oil) – I love this organic blend of palm and coconut!
- Mini Pretzel Twists
- Caramel Candy
- Sea Salt – my favorite is Pink Himalayan. It looks pretty and you feel fancy using it!
In case some of these ingredients don’t work for you, there are a few easy substitutions you can make.
You can use butterscotch or peanut butter chips if you like. Depending on the stabilizers, you may need to stir more and add a little more shortening as they melt. The main thing is that after the chips are melted, you are able to spread it and they will harden again when cooled. If you are following a gluten-free diet, use gluten-free pretzels instead of regular. They’re really crisp, but taste delicious.
HOW TO MAKE SALTED CARAMEL CHOCOLATE PRETZEL BARS
There is nothing hard about making these tasty bars! They really only have four steps and you are done! See how easy these are to make!
- Melt the chocolate and spread it into a rectangle.
- Throw pretzels on the chocolate and press down a little with a spoon (or your fingers) .
- Pour the melted caramel over the pretzels.
- Drizzle on melted chocolate ( I drag a fork through the chocolate to make lines..just my thing!) then sprinkle on some sea salt.
These easy Salted Caramel Chocolate Pretzel Bars will quickly become your new favorite sweet and salty treat! A simple No Bake recipe!
- 12 ounce bag semi-sweet chocolate, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 12 ounces mini pretzel twists, 3/4 of 16 ounce bag
- 11 ounce bag caramels, unwrapped or Homemade Caramel Chews
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt 8 ounces of the chocolate chips with 1 teaspoon of shortening in the microwave (on low heat, stirring every 15 seconds) until smooth.
- Spread the chocolate evenly over the parchment, to form a rough 10 x 15 rectangle.
- Immediately add the pretzel twists over the top. (pretzels will overlap) and gently press them into the chocolate.
- Add caramels to a microwave safe bowl with 2 tablespoons water and melt according to package instructions (on high for 2 minutes). Stir well and drizzle the melted caramel over the top of all of the pretzels.
- Melt remaining 4 ounces of chocolate with remaining 1/2 teaspoon shortening and drizzle over the caramel.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Refrigerate until hardened, 30 – 60 minutes.
- Peel chocolate away from the parchment paper and cut into bars
- Store leftovers in covered container in refrigerator.
Note – I used butter flavored vegetable shortening as the shortening for this recipe. Any hard shortening like butter or margarine will work well.
For variation – sprinkle toffee or peanut butter bits over the chocolate before the sea salt!
Keywords: chocolate, pretzels, candy, dessert, caramel, recipe,
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!