These easy Salted Caramel Chocolate Pretzel Bars have only 6 ingredients and will quickly become your new favorite sweet and salty treat! A deliciously simple No Bake recipe!
Yes, here is one more amazing #Choctoberfest chocolate recipe for you to try! Be sure to check out all of the chocolicious recipes posted this week!
Guys, you will fall in love with these bars. Besides the salted caramel, and crunchy pretzels, you have CHOCOLATE! There is so much flavor going on that your head will start spinning…okay- maybe that is from the sugar rush – but you get what I mean!
This is not a delicate, intense process folks. Making these is almost too easy. You will wonder if you are doing something wrong..skipping a step. No worries. Melt some chocolate and spread into a rectangle. Throw down the pretzels, melt the caramels and pour, melt the chocolate and drizzle then apply a liberal amount of sea salt. Chill and done! The anticipation when the knife crunches down on those pretzels while cutting is enough to get your mouth watering. It is just too much! Get yours now because they will not last long!
See how easy these are to make! 1. Spread melted chocolate into a rectangle. 2. Throw pretzels on the chocolate and press down a little. 3. Pour the melted caramel over the pretzels. 4. Drizzle on melted chocolate ( I drag a fork through the chocolate to make lines..just my thing!) then sprinkle on some sea salt.
BE SURE TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY FROM OUR SPONSORS WORTH OVER $400!!
Follow the Sponsor widgets, then follow me for more chances to win!
See all of the prize details on my Choctoberfest Welcome Post!
Craving more? Subscribe to MUST LOVE HOME , to get new recipes, our Newsletter , offers and updates delivered straight to your inbox.! Let’s stay connected… follow MUST LOVE HOME on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER .Print
These easy Salted Caramel Chocolate Pretzel Bars will quickly become your new favorite sweet and salty treat! A simple No Bake recipe!
- 12 ounce bag semi-sweet chocolate, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 12 ounces mini pretzel twists, 3/4 of 16 ounce bag
- 11 ounce bag caramels, unwrapped or Homemade Caramel Chews
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt 8 ounces of the chocolate chips with 1 teaspoon of shortening in the microwave (on low heat, stirring every 15 seconds) until smooth.
- Spread the chocolate evenly over the parchment, to form a rough 10 x 15 rectangle.
- Immediately add the pretzel twists over the top. (pretzels will overlap) and gently press them into the chocolate.
- Add caramels to a microwave safe bowl with 2 tablespoons water and melt according to package instructions (on high for 2 minutes). Stir well and drizzle the melted caramel over the top of all of the pretzels.
- Melt remaining 4 ounces of chocolate with remaining 1/2 teaspoon shortening and drizzle over the caramel.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Refrigerate until hardened, 30 – 60 minutes.
- Peel chocolate away from the parchment paper and cut into bars
- Store leftovers in covered container in refrigerator.
Note – I used butter flavored vegetable shortening as the shortening for this recipe. Any hard shortening like butter or margarine will work well.
For variation – sprinkle toffee or peanut butter bits over the chocolate before the sea salt!
Keywords: chocolate, pretzels, candy, dessert, caramel, recipe,