Chocolate Brownie Trifle Dessert – a classic dessert that is sweet, creamy, chewy and crunchy all in one. Everyone will be raving and asking for more!
CHOCOLATE BROWNIE TRIFLE RECIPE
Let’s talk about one of life’s best pleasures..chocolate! That wonderful, melt in your mouth silky deliciousness. During the holidays…chocolate is everywhere and there is no escape from what could be described as an addiction. So every year, I make a luscious Chocolate Brownie Trifle to satisfy the craving! This dessert checks all the “perfect dessert” boxes. It’s sweet, creamy, chewy and crunchy. And did I mention how easy this dessert is to make.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE CHOCOLATE BROWNIE TRIFLE
- Whipped Cream or * Frozen Non-Dairy Topping
- Powdered Sugar
- Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Instant Pudding Mix
- Fudge Brownie Mix
*If using Non-Dairy Whipped Topping you will not need the powdered sugar or vanilla
This recipe is totally adaptive too. You can make the pudding and brownies from scratch instead of a mix, or go the other way and use canned pudding and brownies from the bakery. Any way you make it, it is a chocolate lover’s dream come true.
HOW LONG DOES TRIFLE LAST?
If you have any leftover, they can be stored loosely covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. After that, the brownies may be soggy and the whipped cream and pudding may start to separate.
MORE EASY DESSERT RECIPES TO LOVE
Chocolate Brownie Trifle Dessert
Chocolate Brownie Trifle Dessert is an amazing, classic dessert that is sweet, creamy, chewy and crunchy all in one. Everyone will be raving and asking for more!
Click highlighted ingredients to buy them!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 10 ounce mini chocolate chips, divided, reserve 2 tablespoons for garnish
- 5.9 ounce fudge chocolate instant pudding mix, 6 serving size box
- 3 cups milk
- 18.3 ounce fudge brownie mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup oil, or amount per brownie package directions
- Make the brownies according to package directions. Bake and let cool completely. Cut into 1 inch squares.
- In a medium bowl, mix the pudding mix and milk until well blended. Cover and refrigerate to set.
- In another medium bowl, using a hand mixer, whip the cream until soft peaks begin to form. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- In a trifle dish or a large glass bowl, cover the bottom with 1/2 of the brownie squares.
- Spread 1/2 of the pudding on the brownies. Sprinkle 1/2 of the bag of mini chocolate chips on the pudding. Spread 1/2 of the whipped cream over the chocolate chips. Repeat this again to use up the other 1/2 of the ingredients.
- Garnish the top of the whipped cream with the 2 tablespoons of set aside chocolate chips.
- Cover loosely and refrigerate at least 4 hours prior to serving to allow the ingredients to soften.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.