Easy Margherita Flatbread Pizza is a tasty, simple recipe for homemade pizza made with a flatbread crust, San Marzano pizza sauce, fresh mozarella and basil. Great for busy weeknight dinners and no-fuss entertaining.
If your craving homemade pizza, but don’t have the time or skill to make pizza dough, then flatbread pizza is definitely the way to go. It’s as easy as making a hot sandwich, only way better! You’ll have raving fans when you turn your busy dinnertime into something delicious by serving fresh, hot flatbread pizza
Pizza is on the menu every week at our house and we’re always looking for ways to mix it up. With flatbread pizza, the guys can customize the toppings to their own tastes, but this easy margherita pizza is still a house favorite. I make it the classic way, with San Marzano pizza sauce, cheeses and basil. By using a flatbread for the crust, it’s ready in just a few minutes.
Tips For Making Flatbread Margherita Pizza
- Make an easy pizza sauce in a flash (no cooking) using canned San Marzano tomatoes (or fire roasted tomatoes), garlic, olive oil, Italian seasoning and salt. Throw it all in the food processor and give it a whirr.
- Measure and set out your toppings before assembling. Prep the flatbread according to package directions. I buy my flatbread at Aldi’s and don’t prep it at all before topping and baking.
- Bake one sheet pan at a time. Because the flatbread is already baked, you may burn the bottom of the crust if you try to stagger pans in the oven.
- Make several at once on the same sheet pan to feed a larger group. If you happen to have any leftovers, store covered in the refrigerator for up to a week.
What is Margherita Pizza?
Some claim the Margherita Pizza was named after Queen Margherita and some say that it got it’s name from the arrangement of mozzarella and basil on top. Either way, a margherita pizza is traditionally made with fresh mozzarella cheese, tomato sauce and basil on a crisp pizza crust. Sometimes parmesan cheese is added but that’s still controversial.
More Easy Dinnertime Recipes
Easy Margherita Flatbread Pizza
Click highlighted ingredients to buy them!
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place flatbread on large sheet pan. Brush flatbread with pizza sauce, leaving 1/2-inch border around flatbread uncovered. Top with sliced mozzarella and parmesan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake on center rack of oven for 10 – 12 minutes until cheese is melted. Place basil leaves on top, cut and serve.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!