Super easy with shredded crock pot chicken smothered with a zesty sauce, these tasty barbecue chicken sliders are ready to party in a jif!
I love to make sliders as appetizers or as a main dish, and these tasty barbecue chicken sliders are one of our go-to favorites. They are nice and juicy with just the right amount of sauce. Adding pickle brine, think southern barbecue, adds a nice tart flavor to offset all the barbecue sauce sweetness.
Lately I’ve been on a roll to make mealtime as easy and painless as possible. Who loves hearing the “what’s for dinner” question every night…not me! Part of my solution for that has been to throw down some incredible dump recipes.
I like to make as much as I can ahead of time and freeze it. One of the great things about make-ahead meals is that you can fashion your own methods and recipes to make the work easier.
These sliders are great for using up leftovers or a store bought rotisserie chicken. The guys are always asking for these or Buffalo Chicken Cheese Sliders when they see me making slow cooker shredded chicken.
BIA Cordon Bleu Oval Baker from Amazon is my favorite dish for microwave cooking or baking anything! I love how easy it cleans up. Honestly, use what you have already but think about getting this budget priced beauty!
how to make tasty barbecue chicken sliders
One of the best things about these burgers, besides the amazing flavor of course, is how easy they are to make. Start with pre-cooked chicken and these on the table in about 20 minutes!
Preheat the oven to 400°. The oven will be used to toast the rolls and melt the cheese.
- Begin by putting your chicken in a microwave safe dish. If using chicken from the refrigerator or thawed chicken, heat the chicken for 1 – 2 minutes until warm. If the chicken is frozen, you will need to at least double the warming time. (I like to warm the chicken first because the sauce seems to soak in better to warm chicken).
- Then, pour the barbecue sauce ( I use homemade) over the chicken (reserving 1/2 cup sauce for later) and measure in 2 tablespoons of chicken brine. Stir the chicken and sauce thoroughly until all of the chicken is coated.
- Place the dish in the microwave and set for 2 -3 minutes on high or until the chicken and sauce are heated thru.
- While the chicken is heating, separate the rolls and arrange both halves, cut side up, on a large sheet pan. Place in the oven to lightly toast the rolls. Remove from the oven when the rolls start to crisp, about 3 – 4 minutes. Remove the top half of rolls from the pan and set aside.
- Divide the hot chicken mixture evenly on the roll bottoms, top with cheese, a spoonful of barbecue sauce and replace the top half of roll. Put the pan in the oven. Remove from the oven once the cheese is melted.
- Serve hot with a pickle and coleslaw on the side.
Store leftovers tightly wrapped in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
side dishes for tasty barbecue chicken sliders
- Grandma’s Real Southern Baked Beans
- Parmesan Chive Corn on the Cobb
- Classic No Peel Potato Salad
- Crispy Buffalo Potato Wedges
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
TASTY BARBECUE CHICKEN SLIDERS
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 18 ounce barbecue sauce divided
- 1 tbsp dill pickle juice from jar
- 12 pretzel slider rolls
- 6 slices american cheese halved
- 6 dill pickle slices
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Separate slider rolls and lay tops and bottoms, cut side up, on rimmed sheet pan. Place pan in oven and lightly toast buns, 3 – 4 minutes. Remove from oven, transfer bun tops to a plate and set aside.
- Place chicken in microwave safe bowl and heat for 1 – 2 minutes until chicken is warmed.
- Add barbecue sauce, reserving 1/2 cup for later, and pickle juice to the chicken and stir to coat.
- Return chicken mixture to microwave for 2 – 3 minutes until hot.
- On baking sheet, place 1/3 cup chicken mixture on each bottom roll. Top with 2 teaspoons reserved sauce and half slice of cheese. Replace top half of slider roll.
- Return pan to oven for 2 – 3 minutes just until cheese starts to melt. Remove pan from oven
- Serve warm with a pickle slice and fresh coleslaw.
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.