Amazing Asian Coleslaw is a crunchy blend of cabbage, ramen and onions topped with a sweet and sour sesame dressing. This flavorful salad will be a hit at any barbecue, potluck or picnic!
Coleslaw means one thing to my guys … that we are grilling out. It doesn’t matter what I am serving, this tasty coleslaw is requested to go with it! The sauce is sweet and sour, not mayonnaise based so it will be okay to withstand the heat outside a little longer than the regular kind!
I think of this as “grown up” coleslaw, even though my sons loved it as kids! This Asian Coleslaw has so much flavor , and the crunch from crumbled Ramen Noodles gives it a nice texture.
This Asian Coleslaw is a huge hit everytime I make it and is a great choice to bring to summer picnics and potlucks. Just pack it up in a Chiller Bowl and you can keep the coleslaw cold for hours! You have to taste this to understand just how good it is!Print
This incredible coleslaw will stay crunchy in the refrigerator for several days!
Serve it as a perfect cold side dish at your next BBQ or Potluck and watch it disappear!
- 1 bag coleslaw mix (12-16 oz)
- 1 pkg chicken flavored Noodle Ramen (reserve the seasoning packets)
- 3 green onions, sliced thin
- 5 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Ramen seasoning (the reserved pack)
- In a large bowl mix coleslaw mix,green onions, almonds, crushed Ramen Noodles and sesame seeds (optional).
- In a separate small bowl, mix oils, vinegar, sugars, salt, pepper and reserved Ramen Noodle chicken flavor packets.
- Pour the dressing over the coleslaw mixture, stirring gently until evenly coated.
- Refrigerate until serving. Enjoy!
Keywords: asian coleslaw,coleslaw,vegetarian,salad,side dish,cabbage,healthy