Apple Cranberry Pocket Pies are apple pie filling mixed with tart dried cranberries, baked in refrigerated pie dough. Using a pie press or or hands, you will be able to get the amazing flavor of fresh baked pie in minutes.
I was recently shopping at World Market when I came across a “Pocket Pie” press. It looked so easy to use. You just lay pie crust dough over the press, spoon filling into one side, fold the press over on itself, press down, and out falls an Apple Cranberry Pocket Pie. Just bake and eat! How simple is that?
This pocket pie is a combination of sweet apple pie filling and tart dried cranberries. This combined with a flaky, buttery crust ….who could resist? Just four ingredients and less than 20 minutes to make a delicious cozy snack!
Pocket Pies are great anytime as a snack, appetizer or main dish.
- 1 box (2 rolls) of prepared pie crust, softened
- 1 can Sugar-Free Apple Pie Filling
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees.
- Roll out one dough, set the pie press on top of the dough, press and twist the pie press to cut the dough into a round.
- Place the dough round on top of the press. Place 2 tablespoons of apple filling and a sprinkle of dried cranberries on the dough.
- Using the handle, fold the press over on itself to seal the pie edges and create a half circle shape.
- Carefully remove the pocket pie from the press. Place on a cookie sheet and repeat the process 7 more times, until all of the dough is used. Each roll of crust should net 4 pocket pies, if scraps are re-rolled.
- Carefully cut a small steam opening in the top of each crust.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 18-20 minutes, until dough is golden brown. Let cool, sprinkle with powered sugar and enjoy!
Any filling can be used, savory or sweet. Optional – an egg wash may be desired to keep filling from leaking out of the pie crust.