Amazing Asian Coleslaw is a crunchy blend of cabbage with ramen noodles topped with a tasty sweet and sour sesame dressing. It’s a flavor salad that’ll be a hit at any barbecue, picnic or potluck.
Coleslaw means one thing to my guys … that we are grilling out. It doesn’t matter what I am serving, this tasty coleslaw is requested to go with it! The sauce is sweet and sour, not mayonnaise based so it will be okay to withstand the heat outside a little longer than the regular, mayonnaise based coleslaw.
I think of this as “grown up” coleslaw, even though it’s totally kid friendly and approved! My boys loved it even when they were kids! This Asian Coleslaw has so much flavor, and the crunch from the crumbled ramen noodles gives it so much texture.
Ingredients To Make Asian Coleslaw
- Coleslaw Mix – we love the mix with cabbage and shredded carrots.
- Ramen Noodle Soup Mix (with seasoning packet) – we used a package of chicken flavored ramen soup to make this recipe.
- Green Onion – aka scallions
- Toasted Sesame Seeds – optional, but adds flavor and texture to the coleslaw.
- Sliced Almonds
- Vegetable Oil – or any light, neutral flavored oil.
- Vinegar – plain white distilled vinegar is our favorite, but rice or white wine vinegar are nice substitutes.
- Granulated Sugar – to add sweetness. Substitute honey if you prefer it.
- Brown Sugar – adds flavor to the dressing.
This Asian Coleslaw is a huge hit everytime I make it and is a great choice to bring to summer picnics and potlucks. Just pack it up in a Chiller Bowl and you can keep the coleslaw cold for hours! You have to taste this to understand just how amazingly delicious it really is!
More Delicious Salad Recipes
- Easy Crunchy Cabbage Salad
- Honey Pepper Ramen Noodle Salad
- Cold Noodle Broccoli Spinach Salad
- Creamy Broccoli Slaw
Amazing Asian Coleslaw
- 16 ounce coleslaw mix
- 1 Noodle Ramen soup mix crushed, reserve the seasoning packet
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds optional
- In a large bowl add the coleslaw mix, green onions, almonds, crushed Ramen Noodles and sesame seeds (optional).
- In a separate small bowl, mix oils, vinegar, sugars, salt, pepper and reserved Ramen Noodle chicken flavor packets.
- Pour the dressing over the coleslaw mixture, toss gently until evenly coated.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving. Enjoy!
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.