Light and naturally sweet, this Easy Strawberry Dessert for Two, with a splash of orange liqueur is like having a cocktail and dessert all in one!
STRAWBERRY DESSERT FOR TWO
There is nothing that says romance like strawberries….except chocolate, but that’s another conversation. For your special dinner, let’s whip up this deliciously simple Strawberry Dessert for Two. It’s fresh and light, but decadent at the same time and one of the easiest desserts you’ll ever make…with just 4 simple ingredients!
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY DESSERT FOR TWO
This is what you’ll need to make this simple fruit dessert:
- Granulated Sugar
- Orange Liqueur
- Whole Orange
- Wash and hull the strawberries. Cut each strawberry into thin slices. Then, in a medium bowl combine the strawberries with sugar, orange liqueur and the juice of half an orange. Let the strawberries macerate (soften by soaking in liquid) for at least 1 hour.
- Dress up your glasses by rubbing an orange slice around the rim, then dipping the rim in sugar.
- Fill the glasses with the softened strawberries and garnish with whipped cream and a whole strawberry if you want your dessert to look extra special.
*Serve this dessert in pretty Martini glasses, so it looks dressed up, like a fancy cocktail.
This tasty little dessert is a delicious finish to a romantic dinner for two. It is also a quick, easy dessert recipe that you will want to serve all year long!
MORE EASY DESSERT IDEAS
- Baked Apples with Dates
- Strawberry Cheesecake Fluff
- Easy Stuffed Angel Food Cake
- Balsamic White Chocolate Stuffed Strawberries
- Blackberry Napoleons
Strawberry Dessert for Two
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
- 12 medium strawberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp orange liqueur
- 1 medium orange
- whipped cream and whole strawberries for garnish, optional
- Wash and hull the strawberries. Cut each strawberry into thin slices.
- Zest 1/2 of orange. Cut non-zested half of orange into slices. Juice remaining orange half. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the strawberries with sugar, orange liqueur and the juice of half an orange. Allow strawberries to soften and absorb flavors for 1 hour.
- Use one orange slice to go around the rim of each serving glasses. Pour sugar into a bowl. Dip each serving glass rim into the sugar, twisting to make sure the rim is completely covered.
- Spoon strawberries into glasses, and garnish with orange slice, zest and a dollop of whipped cream. Serve and enjoy together!!
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
Post photos updated 1/23/2020