Slow Cooker Blueberry Almond Oatmeal is a healthy and delicious way to start the day. Made with milk, steel cut oats, fresh blueberries, almonds,honey ,brown sugar and cinnamon -that combine to make an inviting breakfast that no one can’t resist!
There is nothing that says “good morning” quite like a hot bowl of delicious oatmeal. I know..I know coffee really comes first. But when it comes to eating a nutritious breakfast, most would agree that oatmeal is at the top of the list of choices.
Serve Oatmeal To Support Your Health
- Oats make an easy, balanced breakfast. One cup contains about 150 calories, 6 grams of protein and 4 grams of fiber. They are also loaded with important vitamins, minerals and antioxidant, making oats one of the most nutrient-dense foods you could eat.
- Oatmeal is incredibly filling and may help with weight loss.. Oats contain beta-glucan, which can delay how long it takes your stomach to empty of food, increasing the time you feel full.
- Naturally Gluten-Free. Choose oat products that are certified as gluten-free. You can also check with manufacturer to make sure that their product is not made using the same equipment as other grains that contain gluten.
Tips for making the best Slow Cooker Blueberry Almond Oatmeal recipe:
- Use only good quality steel cut oats (not rolled oats). Choose organic if possible.
- This dish was tested using fresh blueberries. If using frozen blueberries, thaw before adding them to the oatmeal.
- The oatmeal can be made in your Instant Pot using the Slow Cooker function. Add all of the ingredients to the Instant Pot. Cover and cook using the Slow Cooker function, setting to Normal for 2 – 3 hours. Turn the steam release handle to “Venting” while cooking.
- I have made this oatmeal with both 2% milk and coconut milk. Both are equally delicious.
- Start checking the slow cooker set to high at 1-1/2 hours time.
Hungry for more delicious breakfast recipes? You might try these:
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Coconut Oatmeal
- Coconut Almond Bread Pudding
- Best Ever Egg Sausage Breakfast Sliders
Craving more? Subscribe to MUST LOVE HOME , to get new recipes, our Newsletter , offers and updates delivered straight to your inbox.! Let’s stay connected… follow MUST LOVE HOME on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER .Print
Slow Cooker Blueberry Almond Oatmeal is made with lots of healthy milk, steel cut oats, fresh blueberries, brown sugar and cinnamon. Grab a handful of healthy blueberries and almonds to top it off!
- Add all ingredients except the blueberries to the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover and set to high for 2 – 3 hours or low for 4 – 6 hours.*
- 15 Minutes before the cooking time is up, add the blueberries to the oatmeal and stir.
- Replace the cover and continue cooking until cooking time expires.
- Allow oatmeal to cool slightly, (it will thicken as it cools).
- Spoon into bowls, garnish with more blueberries, honey and almonds and serve warm.
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
*Cooking times may vary. Start checking to see if done 1/2 hour before final cooking time is up.
Keywords: Oatmeal, slowcooker, breakfast, healthy, blueberry, almonds, vegetarian