Overnight French Toast Recipe, soaked in a mouthwatering egg custard, is prepped the night before and baked to golden, puffy perfection! Great for weekends, brunch and holidays!
Tired of standing over the stove and making french toast a few slices at a time? With this easy overnight french toast recipe, you make breakfast the night before then just pop it in the oven and watch it bake. Once you’ve tried it, you’ll want to make more, like family favorites Overnight Blueberry Streusel French Toast and Oven Strawberry French Toast.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE OVERNIGHT FRENCH TOAST
Only 7 ingredients are needed to have this tasty french toast ready to pop in the oven!
- Italian Bread Loaf
- Vanilla Extract
Hungry for more breakfast recipes? Check out part of my collection here:
- Blueberry Vanilla Monkey Bread – baked in buttery syrup
- Cinnamon Walnut Monkey Bread – oozing with sticky caramel and nuts
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Coconut Oatmeal – a bowlful of hearty breakfast flavor
Overnight French Toast Recipe, soaked in a mouthwatering egg custard, is prepped the night before and baked to golden, puffy perfection!
- 1 whole loaf of Italian bread
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Butter, Syrup, Fresh Fruit (optional)
- Butter or spray a 9 x 13 baking pan. Cut your bread into 1 inch slices, and lay flat in the pan.You should end up with about 9 full slices.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt. Add the milk to the spices and beat by hand to blend well. Add the eggs and beat well to combine everything together.
- Pour all of the mixture over the bread in the baking pan, covering each slice completely with the egg mixture. The mixture should absorb completely overnight.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight
- In the morning, pre-heat the oven to 350 F. Let the pan sit out while you pre-heat.
- Place the pan into the oven for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the pan cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
Note: I pour syrup into a small pitcher and heat it in the microwave before serving.
Keywords: french toast,syrup,overnight,egg
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.