Oven Baked Cheese Dogs are great for dinner, game day parties or anytime. Quick and simple, these oven dogs are made right in the pan – with melted cheese, hot chili and a toasty bun. You will love this easy recipe!
The Madness is almost here. I’m talking March Madness. At our house, this is even better than the Big Game!
We’re Ohio State fans, and we are keeping our fingers crossed! March Madness is wall to wall NCAA basketball for days, right up to the National Championship. And to go with all that dribbling and shooting, you’ve got to have tasty food, like these Oven Chili Cheese Dogs. Nothing fancy, just easy. delicious. food.
These delightful dogs are messy, but resist the knife and fork. They are seriously finger lickin’ good!
No special ingredients are needed to make amazing Oven Chili Cheese Dogs, just regular hot dogs, store brand buns and toppings.
To keep the buns from getting soft, don’t skip the delicious layer of mayonnaise and mustard.
There is a debate we have around the house…yellow mustard or stone ground? Seriously, it’s a big thing around here. I love the sweetness of stone ground and the little seeds, the boys want tangy yellow .
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE OVEN CHILI CHEESE DOGS
HOT DOG TOPPING COMBINATIONS
There are plenty of hot dog topping combos to suit everyone. Instead of chili and cheese, why not try one of these pairings on for size!
- Chicago Style – bake plain hot dogs in poppy seed bun. When done, add dill pickle spear, tomato and celery salt.
- German Dog – bake as directed but replace the chili and cheese with saurkraut and swiss cheese. Sprinkle caraway seeds on top.
- Southern BBQ Dog – Bake as directed, replacing the chili and cheese with barbecue baked beans. When done, top with creamy coleslaw.
- BLT Dog – bake plain hot dogs in buns. When done, top with strips of crispy bacon, diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce and a smear of mayonnaise.
- Pizza Dog – bake as directed but replace chili and cheddar cheese with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and a shake of parmesan. When done, sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
OVEN CHILI CHEESE DOGS
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 9 x 13 baking pan with foil.
- Warm chili in microwave-safe bowl or in a saucepan on the stove.
- Separate and open buns. Lightly spread inside of buns with mayonnaise and mustard.
- Place a hot dog inside each bun. Pack hot dogs into prepared pan to fit.
- Spoon chili over hot dogs, about 2 tablespoons each. Sprinkle shredded cheese over hot dogs, followed by the onions.
- Cover pan with foil. Place pan on center rack of oven and bake 45 minutes.
- Serve with pickles and potato salad.
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!