Orange Ginger Rummy is a simple blend of rum, orange simple syrup and ginger ale – easy to make but so smooth you’ll think your in a fancy club.
Have you ever gotten an idea in your head that you just couldn’t let rest? That was me after I heard “Tequila Sunrise” by the Eagles and immediately thought of that yummy cocktail. Still thinking of cocktails and really wanting one now, I mixed one of my favorites with rum and Orange Simple Syrup called an Orange Ginger Rummy! Throw on an orange slice for garnish and add a festive glass stir stick and the party is on!
Let me show you how I made it so you can enjoy one of these tasty drinks too!
Here is what I used to make this amazing cocktail – nothing fancy, but boy do these babies taste good! Be careful – this drink is very smooth. You may want several and I am telling you from personal experience (that included an embarrassing display of air guitar) that you might not even taste the alcohol in it.
🍹Ingredients Needed To Make An Orange Ginger Rummy
Just 3 simple ingredients – plus crushed ice – are all you need to make this delicious and refreshing cocktail.
- Dark Rum
- Ginger Ale
- Orange Simple Syrup
- Crushed Ice
- Orange Slices for garnish
💡If you want to go fancy, dress up your glass with a sugar rimmer. It’s easy to make them yourself.
Make Your Own Cocktail Rim Sugar
There are endless ways to dress up your glass rims, like adding crushed candy, edible glitter or even sprinkles. Let your imagination take over! Here’s the sugar variety –
- Place 1/4 cup granulated sugar or turbinado sugar in small plastic bag
- Add a 1/4 teaspoon of your choice of spice. Our favorite for the holidays is cinnamon.
- Shake the bag until mixed, then pour into shallow dish wide enough to fit top of glass.
More Easy Cocktail Recipes
Orange Ginger Rummy
- crushed or cubed ice
- 3 tbsp Orange Simple Syrup
- 1 ounce dark rum
- 6 oz Ginger Ale
- Orange slices and maraschino cherries for garnish optional
- Fill a small glass 1/2 full with ice. Spoon the Orange Simple Syrup over the ice. Add 1 shot of dark rum. Fill the glass to the brim with ginger ale and stir to combine. Garnish with an orange slice and cherry. Serve and enjoy!
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.