Pineapple Paradise Margarita is a smooth and delicious winter cocktail, guaranteed to evoke thoughts of sun and sand, made with pineapple liqueur (with tequila), coconut milk and frozen chunks of pineapple!
This Pineapple Paradise Margarita recipe is a winter escape version of the classic Margarita recipe. A shot of Pineapple Liqueur made with tequila gives this nosh it’s island tropic flair!
If you think this tasty drink is only for sipping at the beach, think again. It’s a perfect winter cocktail, transporting you to the tropics with the taste of pineapple, coconut and lime. If you love this one, you’ll want to try a Jack Frost Martini and Snow Day Pina Colada too!
For smooth frozen cocktails you’ll want to invest in a good blender. I first used this one at a house we rented on the beach at the Outer Banks. I loved it so much I ordered one right when we got home.
What is a Margarita?
A classic margarita is a very popular Mexican and American cocktail made with tequila, lime juice and orange liqueur. It can be served over ice, frozen into a slush or without ice (straight up). Fruits, vegetables, coconut milk or cream and other liqueurs can be added to make different flavors and colors.
Fresh squeezed lime juice is the key ingredient of a margarita. After squeezing, the lime can be rubbed on the rim of the serving glass for extra flavor and aroma, or the glass can be dipped in salt and sugar for a “rimmed” effect.
How To Make A Pineapple Paradise Margarita
This easy frosty cocktail is mixed in a blender. Dump everything in the blender a give it a whirr. Frozen pineapple takes the place of ice, so the amazing flavors are not diluted.
- Pineapple Liqueur – made from pineapples and tequila. I used Patron Citronge Pineapple Liqueur for this recipe.
- Triple Sec – use a good quality brand.
- Coconut Milk – I used canned coconut milk for an extra creamy margarita.
- Lime Juice – fresh lime juice is a must!
- Pineapple Chunks – bagged, frozen pineapple chunks are convenient, but you could use fresh pineapple and pop the chunks into the freezer until solidly frozen.
Make Your Own Cocktail Rim Sugar
There are endless ways to dress up your glass rims, like adding crushed candy, edible glitter or even sprinkles. Let your imagination take over! Here’s how to make the sugar rim variety –
- Place 1/4 cup granulated sugar or turbinado sugar in small plastic bag
- Add a 1/4 teaspoon of your choice of spice. Our favorite for the holidays is cinnamon.
- Shake the bag until mixed, then pour into shallow dish wide enough to fit top of glass.
Pineapple Paradise Margarita
- 1 ounce pineapple liqueur made with tequila
- 1/2 ounce triple sec
- 1 ounce coconut milk
- 1/2 ounce lime juice fresh
- 1/4 cup pineapple chunks frozen
- Add all ingredients into a blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- Pour into a cocktail glass and add garnish with pineapple and lime slices
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.