Lemon Pepper Shrimp Alfredo made with lemony seasoned shrimp, fettuccine and an addictive cheesy cream sauce is busy summer weeknight favorite!
Folks….Shrimp Alfredo is the DIVA of classic pasta with shrimp recipes…and it’s happening here! I’ve made shrimp alfredo too many times to count…and it was awesome, but sprinkling lemon pepper seasoning over the shrimp elevated it to sublime. I mean it…it’s totally shoveling into your mouth delish! Lots of butter and cream doesn’t hurt either.
Right now, fresh meat prices are out of control, but surprisingly shrimp has been on sale in central Ohio. We all love shrimp, except Matthew who grew up in Rhode Island and supposedly ate enough shrimp as a child to last a lifetime…too much shrimp, is that even possible? Anyway, that’s more shrimp for the rest of us!
HOW YOU MAKE LEMON PEPPER SHRIMP ALFREDO
We’re all about easy dinners at Must Love Home – really…it’s a rule. This awesome shrimp pasta meal fits that bill…it’s made in three simple steps.
- Cook your pasta in a big pot of salted boiling water.
- Saute the shrimp in a large skillet.
- Make the sauce in the same skillet, add in the pasta and cooked shrimp and toss. Now you’re ready to eat! How simple is that?
*If you’re wondering how to cook your pasta perfectly every time, you might be interested in our popular post on the 9 Surprisingly Common Pasta Cooking Mistakes.
INGREDIENT TO MAKE SHRIMP ALFRDO
- Shrimp – for this recipe we used raw, peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp. With jumbo shrimp, you get about 21 – 25 shrimps per pound.
- Fettuccine – this long, flat noodle is perfect to hold the amazing alfredo sauce. Linguine and spaghetti noodles can be substituted with good results.
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning – Essential for this recipe! If you don’t have any, substitute 1 tsp fresh lemon zest, 2 tsp black pepper, 1/4 tsp dried minced onions and 1/4 tsp dried thyme.
- Butter – I only buy unsalted butter which let’s me control the salt in each dish but salted butter or margarine are okay to use in this recipe. Make life easy and use what you have!
- Heavy Cream – if you’re watching calories, you can sub in light whipping cream which has less fat and calories.
- Milk – I made this recipe with 2% milk, but whole or 1% milk is fine.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese – finely grated cheese from a jar is what I used.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH LEMON PEPPER SHRIMP ALFREDO
Toss together a salad, like our Copycat Olive Garden Salad and serve with fresh Italian bread on the side. Not in the mood for salad? How about our Oven Roasted Green Beans to use up those extra lemon slices?
Lemon Pepper Shrimp Alfredo
Click highlighted ingredients to buy them!
- Bring pot of water to boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions. (we like al dente). Reserve 1 cup of pasta water for the sauce.
- Meanwhile, season your shrimp with lemon pepper seasoning. In large skillet, melt 2 tbsp butter over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook until pink, 1 – 2 minutes per side*. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Into the skillet, add the remaining butter and the garlic. Cook over medium-high heat until garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Whisk in flour and cook 2 – 3 minutes until flour is no longer raw. Whisk in cream, milk, lemon juice and chives. Bring sauce to a simmer, reduce heat and stir in parmesan cheese. Continue stirring until cheese is melted and the sauce begins to thicken.
- Drain cooked pasta and add to the pan. Toss to coat with sauce. If sauce is too thick, thin with a splash of reserved pasta water. Add shrimp and toss gently to combine. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with additional parmesan cheese and lemon slices.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.