Freezer Meal Korean Barbecue Beef – flat out delicious blend of beef, garlic soy sauce, ginger and a pinch of heat.
If you’re ready for juicy, tender and flavorful beef this Freezer Meal Korean Barbecue Beef is just what you need. It’s super easy, takes only seconds to prep, and needs no thawing when you’re ready to cook. Just stash a few in your freezer to have amazingly tasty meals ready to serve over rice or veggies anytime you need a fuss-free meal.
This isn’t authentic Korean beef, but the simple recipe includes a lot of ingredients found in traditional Korean cooking, like soy sauce, garlic, chili pepper flakes, ginger and green onions (scallions). Stir in kimchi at the end of the cooking cycle for more authentic umami flavor.
Chuck roast is my meat of choice for making Freezer Meal Korean Barbecue Beef. Chuck is easier on the budget than steak and isn’t a pain to shred. I’ll buy several on sale and make up batches of this family fav and Freezer Meal Beef and Gravy while I’m at it. In my book, you can’t have too many freezer meals to choose from.
Handy Tips for Making Freezer Meals
- Make several batches of Basmati rice to stash in the freezer to go with. I recommend using that variety because it doesn’t get mushy in the freezer and re-heats easily in the microwave.
- Freezer bags generally take up less space than containers, so if space is limited use the bags. I use gallon-size disposable plastic bags, but freezer-safe reusable plastic bags might be something to investigate
More Freezer Meal Recipes To Try
- Freezer Meal Honey Maple Mustard Chicken
- Freezer Meal Asian Barbecue Chicken Bake
- Freezer Meal Sweet Spicy Chicken
Other good info for making Freezer Meal Korean Barbecue Beef
Only 8 Ingredients – beef roast, soy sauce, brown sugar, green onions, garlic, red pepper flakes, sesame oil and ginger.
Easily Doubled, Tripled or Cut in Half – an average chuck roast at my grocery store is about 3 pounds, so I use one chuck roast to make 2 meals for my family of grown men. When they’re on sale, I get 2 roasts to make 4 meals. If your family is smaller, divide the freezer meal into smaller portions. Easy!
Freezer Meal Korean Barbecue Beef
- In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, green onions, garlic, red pepper flakes and ginger until well combined.
- Place beef into a large plastic or reusable freezer bag and pour soy mixture over the meat. Seal, label and freeze for up to 3 months.
- From frozen – 4 to 6 hours on High. Shred meat with 2 forks when tender.
- From frozen – 55 minutes on High pressure + 10 minutes natural release. Shred meat with 2 forks.
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!