Whip up this moist and fluffy Easy Skillet Cornbread Recipe and leave your regular bread or biscuits behind. Soft on the inside with a deliciously crisp top crust, this recipe is a keeper.
Cornbread is love and comfort and warmth all in one. The sweet, nutty flavor and heavenly smell just gives me chills. In a good way. And boy, is this some moist and fluffy cornbread…I think the cast-iron skillet had something to do with it. You really have to make this amazing down-home cornbread to understand. Let me tell you how I made it!
First, I do admit I like to melt a little butter on top when the cornbread is still warm. But that’s just how I roll. It is already yummy on it’s own.
Here’s the handy printable recipe.Print
Easy Cornbread Recipe
Whip up this moist and fluffy Easy Cornbread Recipe and leave your regular bread or biscuits behind. Soft on the inside with a deliciously crisp top crust, this recipe is a keeper.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: Bread
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- 1-1/2 cups stone ground cornmeal
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 TBSP sugar
- 1-1/2 TBSP baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease cast-iron skillet or 8 x 8 baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cornmeal, flour,sugar,baking powder,salt and baking soda.
- Whisk in the milk, oil and eggs until evenly combined.
- Pour batter into skillet or pan and bake 25 – 35 minutes, until top of cornbread is golden and is pulling away from the sides of the pan. The top of the cornbread will be firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Note – whole or 2% milk can be used for this recipe.
Note – regular vegetable oil can be substituted for canola oil
Keywords: cornbread,side dish,bread,cornmeal,dinner
Let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments below, on Facebook and Google + or find me on Instagram . Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_single_image image=”17741″ img_size=”900×200″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column]