Made with cornbread mix, cream cheese and creamed corn, this cornbread recipe is a quick and easy family favorite. It’s a perfect side dish that bakes up moist and naturally sweet every time.
This is my favorite cornbread recipe…of all time! I grew up with Jiffy Cornbread Mix, or as the box says “Corn Muffin Mix”, but it’s all the same. This Cream Cheese Jiffy Cornbread is sweet and moist and melts right in your mouth. It’s pure comfort food and it just doesn’t get any better…until you spread butter over a hot slice and add honey. Now, this cornbread’s totally addictive.
There’s always been a controversy over “real” cornbread and cornbread that comes from a mix. I’ve baked it both ways with muffin mix and from scratch with my Easy Skillet Cornbread Recipe. Anyway you bake it, it’s amazing, but I think the Jiffy cornbread is a little more tender.
This site may contain affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links, which helps to keep this content free.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE CREAM CHEESE JIFFY CORNBREAD
- Jiffy Cornbread Mix
- Cream Cheese
- Creamed Corn
HOW TO KEEP CORNBREAD FROM CRUMBLING
There are several ways to keep cornbread from turning out dry and crumbling, from adding additional ingredients to adjusting the consistency and baking time.
- Add extra fat and moisture to the batter by stirring in cream cheese or sour cream with the wet ingredients.
- Stir in grated cheese when mixing the wet ingredients.
- Add a can of creamed corn to add moisture and sweetness to the batter.
- Avoid over-mixing – the batter should still have some lumps when it’s ready for the oven. Don’t over mix the batter until it’s smooth. Let the batter rest for 5 minutes before putting the pan in the oven.
- Watch the baking time – set a timer and start checking the cornbread at the earliest time to keep from over-baking.
HOW TO STORE CREAM CHEESE JIFFY CORNBREAD + HOW TO FREEZE CORNBREAD
Leftover cornbread can be stored, tightly wrapped in plastic, in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. To freeze cornbread, follow these steps:
- Bake the cornbread fully and allow it to cool completely.
- Wrap the cornbread tightly in plastic wrap, then place in a freezer storage bag. Remove as much air as possible, seal, label and freeze for up to 2 to 3 months. OR wrap tightly in plastic wrap, then again in foil, sealing the ends and seams with freezer tape. Store for up to 2 to 3 months.
- To reheat, place unwrapped cornbread in a pan, cover with foil and place in 350°F oven until heated thru. OR thaw covered in the microwave, then reheat uncovered on a microwave safe plate or tray until heated thru.
**The key to great results is to keep the frozen cornbread covered as much as possible to avoid drying out when re-heated.
Cream Cheese Jiffy Cornbread
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
- 25.5 ounces Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix, 3 (8.5 ounce boxes)
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 14.5 ounce creamed corn
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk, 2%
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 9 x 13 shallow baking pan.
- Place cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on High for 15 seconds. Stir. Repeat until cream cheese can be stirred smooth and has the consistency of peanut butter.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, corn and eggs. Stir until eggs are well incorporated.
- Add corn bread mix and milk to cream cheese mixture. Stir until combined. Batter will have small lumps.
- Transfer batter to prepared baking pan and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Bake on center rack of preheated oven for 30 – 35 minutes, until center is firm when touched lightly and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!