Light and healthy, Sesame Shrimp Pasta is pan fried shrimp and vegetables, tossed with pasta and coated with an addictive spicy sesame sauce. Put the water on to boil before preparing the ingredients, then cook the shrimp and veggies at the same time as the pasta. Fast and easy!
Chinese take-out for dinner – yes, please.
A Chinese style homemade meal with shrimp – Bring It On!
Making take-out favorites, like this sesame shrimp pasta, is a super easy way to get dinner on the table in almost no time. Pasta and stir-fry like amazing chicken lo mein, pad thai chicken, and garlic orange chicken stir fry are all quick dinners made with easy to find and budget friendly ingredients.
Pantry Staples for Easy Stir Fry Dinners
To whip up a quick stir fry or noodle dish for supper, I keep these ingredients on hand. All are available at most large grocery stores…and are affordable. Remember, a little goes a long way when you’re talking BOLD flavor.
Use these ingredients to start a flavorful sauce for veggies and noodles.
- Sriracha – sun ripened chilies blended into a smooth paste. It’s got heat, but doesn’t burn.
- Minced Garlic – ready to use pre-minced garlic in a jar.
- Soy Sauce (or Tamari) – adds earthy flavor
- Ginger – delicious squeezable ginger ready for your recipes.
An investment for your pantry – More adventurous sauces and condiments to keep on hand to add complex flavors to your cooking and stir up amazing dipping sauces!
- Sweet Chili Sauce – sweet with mild heat – mix a tablespoon with soy sauce or ponzu for a delicious dipping sauce!
- Ponzu – soy sauce with a light citrus taste.
- Oyster Sauce – all-purpose sauce made with oyster extracts. Adds the flavor of the sea to your stir fry cooking.
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Fish Sauce – made with fermented anchovies. Adds savory umami flavor. A little goes a long way!
- Chili Paste
- Rice Vinegar
Sesame Shrimp Pasta
- 8 ounces spaghetti pasta
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 – 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 pound raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 4 stalks green onion chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds optional
- In a small bowl, mix chicken broth, sriracha, soy sauce and brown sugar. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Add broccoli to cooking pasta during last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook 2 – 3 minutes per side until pink and opaque. Remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
- Remove skillet from stove and allow to slightly cool. Reduce heat to medium. Return skillet to stove and heat sesame oil. Add shredded carrot and green onions. Cook 4 – 5 minutes until crisp-ender. Add garlic and cook until fragrant and golden, about 1 minute.
- Drain pasta and broccoli. Add pasta, sauce mixture and shrimp to skillet, tossing to coat. Cook over medium heat 1 – 2 minutes until heated thru. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.