Shredded chicken, red bell pepper, green onions, celery, nuts and seasonings make this classic chicken salad a tasty anytime sandwich topping!
This Best Ever Chicken Salad is totally Yum. With lots of crunch and so much flavor, you’ll start craving this. They’re easy to make too…in just minutes!
Speaking of craving, this sandwich filling was so tasty that I broke all my “no eating at night” rules, snuck down to the kitchen and finished it off with crackers. The next day, I totally denied knowing what happened to the leftovers.
This site may contain affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links, which helps to keep this content free.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN SALAD
There is one of those recipes that’s so simple I didn’t want to post a recipe about it, but I was asked so many times for the recipe I decided to share it.
All you need to do is measure the ingredients and stir in a big bowl. That’s it.
- Cooked Chicken
- Mayonnaise – I used regular mayonnaise for this recipe, but light mayo can be substituted to save calories.
- Red Bell Pepper
- Sliced Almonds
- Green Onion
- Fresh Parsley
- Whole Grain Mustard
- Sourdough Bread
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THIS SANDWICH
For a light meal, a plate of chicken salad sandwiches and big bowl of Copy Cat Olive Garden Salad is a good combo. For a heavier meal, pair the sandwiches with a soup like Roasted Tomato Soup or Old Fashioned Broccoli Cheese Soup.
HOW LONG CAN I STORE CHICKEN SALAD?
- Store any leftovers, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator. Stir the chicken salad before using as some of the ingredients may start to separate.
- Can be left out at room temperature for up to 2 hours. After that, the chicken salad should be discarded.
Best Ever Chicken Salad
Shredded chicken, red bell pepper, green onions, celery, nuts and seasonings make this classic a tasty anytime sandwich topping!
- 3 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 medium green onion thinly sliced (green only)
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp whole grain mustard
- 1/4 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- toasted sourdough bread slices for serving optional
- Measure all ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Serve right away or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to let flavors blend.
- Spread on bread slice, top with greens and another slice of bread. Garnish with tomato and pickle!
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!