Spicy Squash Seeds Recipe
Love Pumpkin Seeds? Then try these Spicy Squash Seeds! They are so so spicy good and crispy! Four ingredients and 15 minutes and you can be snacking!
Recently, I was making Butternut Squash Soup and decided to roast the squash seeds after only cleaning off the squash fibers. No washing involved. The seeds turned out to have the best flavor yet and so easy to make.
Spicy and Crispy, these yummy roasted seeds will have you reaching for more!
- seeds from 2 Butternut Squash,fibers removed, about 3/4 cup
- 1 TBSP Cajun Seasoning
- 1 Tsp sugar
- 2 TBSP butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On a shallow baking pan, place seeds in a mound in the center. On the top of the mound, place the butter, Cajun seasoning and sugar.
- Place the baking pan in the oven for 2-3 minutes, until butter has melted. Remove pan from the oven.
- Mix seeds, seasoning, sugar and butter until evenly coated. Spread seeds out on baking pan in a single layer.
- Place pan back in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until seeds are light brown and crisp.
- Let cool on the pan before serving.
**Chili powder can be substituted for the Cajun Seasoning
[bctt tweet=”Love Pumpkin Seeds? You will love these!”]
Let me know what you think of my Spicy Squash Seed recipe below, on Facebook and Google + or find me on Instagram . Thanks so much for stopping by my little blog today!