Spicy good and crispy! With only four ingredients and 15 minutes you can be snacking!
SPICY SQUASH SEEDS RECIPE
One of my favorite things about Fall is the return of butternut squash! After cutting and slicing them up, I couldn’t bring myself to throw away those gorgeous seeds! I’m so glad I didn’t. Spicy squash seeds are so crisp and tasty and a great low calorie snack.
Cutting squash is tough work, so think of all the seeds inside as the reward for your aching hands! All you need to do is throw them on a sheet pan, season and bake. It’s that easy! Want to know how to easily cut them up, check out How To Easily Peel and Seed Butternut Squash.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE SPICY SQUASH SEEDS
You’ll only need 4 ingredients to make this tasty snack!
- Squash Seeds
- Cajun Seasoning
This recipe is totally adaptive. Use the same method to make roasted pumpkin seeds and easily switch out the seasonings if you like to these favorites or any of your own.
- Chili Powder
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- Chili Lime Seasoning
- Taco Seasoning
- Barbecue Seasoning
MORE BUTTERNUT SQUASH RECIPES
This Spicy Squash Seed Recipe may have you reaching for squash as a side dish just a little more often. How bad could that be?
Spicy Squash Seeds Recipe
Click on highlighted ingredients to buy them.
- 3/4 cup squash seeds, from 2 butternut squash, fibers removed
- 1 Tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1 Tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On a shallow baking pan, place seeds in a mound in the center. On the top of the mound, place the butter, cajun seasoning and sugar.
- Place the baking pan in the oven for 2 to 3 minutes, until butter has melted. Remove pan from the oven.
- Mix seeds, seasoning, sugar and butter until evenly coated. Spread seeds out on baking pan in a single layer.
- Place pan back in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until seeds are light brown and crisp.
- Let cool on the pan before serving.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.