Cool and tangy, this simple mini lemon tart dessert has only 4 easy ingredients.
EASY BREEZY MINI LEMON TART
Does just hearing the word Lemon make your mouth start to water? If you love the taste of Lemon you will love this recipe!! The beauty of these lemon tarts is that you don’t need expensive tart pans. They’re made in wide mouth mason jar lids which are totally reusable! These cute little tarts are simple enough to make anytime and look fancy enough for guests!
INGREDIENTS FOR MINI LEMON TARTS
As promised, only 4 ingredients needed to make these amazing little tarts:
- Refrigerated Pie Crusts
- Lemon Creme Pie Filling
- Powdered Sugar
TIPS FOR MAKING MASON JAR LEMON TARTS
- Be sure to chill the dough after rolling and filling the lids. The pie dough needs to be cold to bake up crisp and flaky.
- Place the lids on a sheet pan before baking and chilling. The lids shouldn’t be placed directly on the racks of the oven when baking.
- For best results, chill the can of lemon filling before using. This may reduce the time the tarts need to chill after filling the crusts.
- Wipe excess moisture from the strawberries before placing on the tarts. If the strawberries are damp, the powdered sugar will soak into the strawberries.
TRY SOME OF MY OTHER POPULAR DESSERT RECIPES:
- Tall New York Cheesecake
- Apple Crisp
- Classic Carrot Cake
- Glazed Lemon Pound Cake
- Pumpkin Slab Pie
- Classic Carrot Cake
- Perfect Pound Cake
- Frozen Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Pie
Lemon Tart with Strawberries
Click highlighted ingredients to buy them!
- 2 pie crusts, from 1 box refrigerated, 2 crusts per box
- 21 ounces Lemon Creme Pie Filling, from 1 can
- 5 large trawberries, stemmed and halved lengthwise
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat oven according to pie crust package directions. Place your tart pans or lids onto a baking pan lined with parchment. If using mason jar lids, you will want to place the insert into the ring with the rubber down. Give each lid a light spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Roll piecrusts on a floured board into two 14 x 8 rectangles. Cut dough into circles about an inch wider than your lids (or tart pans if you are using them). Place dough into tins, sides extending slightly over top of the pans. Use a fork to dock the dough in the bottom of the pans. Chill in refrigerator for 15 minutes, then bake according to package directions until golden brown. When done, set aside to cool.
- Leaving crusts in pan (lids) fill each crust with Lemon Creme. Place a strawberry half on top of each tart. Chill 2 to 3 hours. To remove from lid, pick up lid from the sides, push up on the insert from underneath an "pop" out the tart.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving. Enjoy!
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.