This fabulous cheesy baked spaghetti is comfort in a casserole dish! By using Rotellini noodles, it is spaghetti and lasagna in one!
This dish set a 12 minute record at my house! It was 12 minutes from when I set the dish on the table to when it was all gone. Yes, it is that good!Print
This delicious recipe, served with garlic bread and a salad is the perfect weeknight meal. The dish can be made ahead and reheated in the oven.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 8 oz Rotellini Noodles, cooked according to package directions and drained
- 1 24 oz can Italian Sauce or Tomato Sauce
- 2 cups shredded Italian Cheese Mix, or shredded Cheddar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoo red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tblespoon tomato paste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9 x 13 bakig dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet coated with olive oil,add the beef and begin to brown. Add to the browning meat – 1 tablespoon garlic, 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning, and 1 tablespoon dried minced onion. Cook together until no pink remains and the ground beef is cooked. Drain if needed.
- Into the skillet, add the can of Italian sauce, remaining tablespoon of minced garlic, Italian seasoning and dried minced onion and tomato paste. Add salt and pepper and stir until combined.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, then reduce heat and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the cooked noodles to the skillet and stir to coat the noodles with sauce.
- Pour the noodle, beef and sauce mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Top the mixture with 2 cups of cheese, making sure that all of the noodle mixture is covered.
- Place dish in the 350 Degree oven for approximately 40 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and bubbling.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes and serve hot!
A jar of spaghetti sauce can be substitued for the homemade sauce, with no simmering needed.
If you crave pasta, you will also love my recipe for Chicken Broccoli Pasta Alfredo